King Of Dumplings

www.ohsho.co.jp - 075-351-8145‎

King Of Dumplings Kyoto Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Cheap dumpling restaurant Sep 30, 2008
I was first introduced to this place in 2007 when our tourguide took us here. And I have fallen in love with this restaurant.

This restaurant is one of several franchises throughout Japan. I wish I had found the other restaurants as well. :)

What's so great about this place is the food. It's simple, fresh and delicious. It's almost like a fast food style, as you don't have to wait for your food that long.

The menu is quite varied, offering noodles, fried rice, meat dishes, soup and of course: dumplings! These dumplings will make your mouth water!

They are fried dumplings, well that's the name, but they are actually baked on one side and that gives a wonderfull taste to them.

The menu is only in japanese, but you can point at the pictures of the menu. The staff marks it on a piece of paper. After dinner, you take the paper to the register and you pay.

The restaurant itself looks very simple, with a counter you can eat at, and a 2nd floor for more "private" dining. Just tables and chairs basically.

The staff are dressed simple as well, wearing wellington boots as part of their attire. The reason is not too slip in the kitchen.

And another great thing is that they have take away as well, which means when the restaurant is full or you just want to eat in your hotel room or outside, you can order, pay and take your meal with you.

If you're in Kyoto, find out yourself and order the dumplings!
King Of Dumplings Restaurant
Airportman says:
You're welcome and thank you!
Posted on: May 23, 2010
Glynnes says:
Great review. Will keep on my restaurant list. Thanks
Posted on: May 22, 2010
sarahsan says:
I will try it next time I´m there!
Posted on: Jan 03, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About King Of Dumplings

Day 7: Arriving in Kyoto
The trainride was very comfortable, as I enjoyed the scenery while listening to several bands on my mp3 player. From time to time I updated my notebook and looked in the travel guide to see which pla…Kyoto: King of Dumplings. I've written a review about how great this place is. I had their delicious fried…

Check Kyoto Hotel Deals