Lot 3, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
234966
King Hu Restaurant - The menu in chinese and english
King Hu Restaurant - ...and sweet & sour pork as well as fried dumplings
King Hu Restaurant - Inside the King Hu Restaurant
King Hu Restaurant - Followed by duck soup, stir fried local vegetables...
King Hu Restaurant - Peking duck was served
King Hu Restaurant - King Hu Restaurant
King Hu Restaurant - King Hu Restaurant

King Hu Restaurant Kota Kinabalu Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Very delicious and cheap chinese restaurant Jun 06, 2011
Recommended by my girlfried, Karena and I decided to go there for dinner. And what a great recommendation she made!

I love peking duck and she told me that they serve a delicious one here: she wasn't lying.... It most cetainly was!

But first, the restaurant itself. King Hu Restaurant isn't located in the city center, but definitely worth a drive to, either by own car or taxi. The interior is mostly white walls and ceiling, with a few chinese paintings livening the place up. There is a bar, where an old lady (owner?) makes the bills, but more on that later.

The seats are good, as well as the tables. There are even some tables with a spinning glass plate on it. Great invention by the way. You can just turn the plate to get the food you want, withoutasking someone else to pass it to you.

The menu is written & typed in english and chinese and there a lot to chose from. Chicken, duck, pork, beef, vegetables, drinks. The dishes we picked were: peking duck (served with duck soup), stir fried local vegetables, sweet & sour pork and fried dumplings, served with rice.

The hot tea during the dinner was complimentary, as well as a plate of roasted peanuts and chinese sweet & sour cucumbers, which we got before dinner.

And then it was time to pay. I went to the bar where the old lady was and I saw her using a chinese abacus to calculate my bill! No modern day calculator or computer.... just old fashioned style! :) The total of the bill was 69 MYR/RM (around 16 euro or around 23 US dollars). Cheap for 4 dishes and the rice.

Every time I go back to Kota Kinabalu, I want to return to this place! I still can taste their delicious duck in my mouth! I even got hungry writing this review!
Inside the King Hu Restaurant