King Hotel Amsterdam

King Hotel Amsterdam Rates and Deals

King Hotel Amsterdam Reviews

aloneinthecrowd aloneint…
Good value for money Oct 08, 2012
I stayed at this hotel only for one night. I looked for a low budget hotel which I've found with the King Hotel.

The first impression was great because I had to ring a bell to get in. The front door is always locked.

The hotel is located 2 minutes by foot from Leidsplein which is easy to reach via public transport (bus or tram). Because it's located in the city center all touristic destinations are reachable by foot which is a great plus because the parking fee in Amsterdam is extraorbitant.

The hotel is situated in a house built in 17th century and it's said that Mata Hari (1876 - 1917 dutch exotic dancer, courtesan and spy) stayed here.

Checking in was done fast and the staff was very kind and helpful. I could check-in before 3 p.m. (officially check-in time) because my room was already finish.

I booked a single room which was tiny and dark and a "view" doesn't really exist. The window was blocked by a scaffolding. Usually I would have seen a tiny inner courtyard ;) I didn't mind though because I didn't spend my day in there anyway.

There was an electric kettle to prepare tea or coffee which I was happy about. I really needed a cup of coffee after 4 hours in a train.

The bathroom was tiny also but clean. I missed a shower curtain though. After having a shower the whole room was flooded.

I've booked the room with breakfast included. The breakfast was basic and it came in buffet style. There was bread, cereals, eggs, yoghurt, jam, cheese and cold cut as much as you wanted. Coffee, tea or milk as well.

All in all it was a good deal. I've payed € 55 for a room breakfast and Wifi included. More information on:
A warm welcome at night
Dr_Seuss says:
Seems basic, but a good deal for the price just for somewhere to sleep.
Posted on: Nov 18, 2012
sphaedrew sphaedrew
Ideally located budget hotel Nov 24, 2010
This perfectly situated just next to the Leidseplein in Amsterdam. The Liedseplein is teaming with bars and restaurants and during the time that we were there there was also a temporary ice skating rink. So the hotel is just right for stumbling home after a night on the town. Getting to all of the tourist attractions is easy, its right on 3 tram lines and within 2 km of all of the major sights.

Inside, well its small, clean and comfortable and for the price we paid, surprisingly good! Just watch out for the ridiculously steep stairs, we used the lift most of the time!

King Hotel Amsterdam Overview

Guests will find that the King Hotel Amsterdam is situated near to many area attractions, including Dam Square, the Royal Palace, Leidseplein, Vondelpark, the concert hall, Rembrandt Square, and PC Hooftstraat. Shopping and museum districts are nearby, and guests will enjoy the close proximity to the city’s canals. The King Hotel Amsterdam offers guests a shuttle to and from the Schipol Airport, and tram access is nearby the hotel as well.

Each of the rooms at the King Hotel Amsterdam includes such amenities as private bathrooms with specialty showers, hairdryers, flat screen televisions, in-room safes, coffeemakers, and Internet access. There are a total of twenty-six rooms at the hotel.

The King Hotel Amsterdam is situated within a seventeenth century historic building, which was renovated in 2007 to include an array of amenities. The hotel offers guests a hotel safe, a currency exchange facility, a complimentary breakfast, and a cloakroom as well as elevator access and wireless Internet access.

King Hotel Amenities

• Excursions
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Vending Machines
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About King Hotel Amsterdam

Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…hotel, we grabbed our bags and followed our man onto a very small boat that seemed rather unstable. One lad getting on was not happy with all the pushing…

Check King Hotel Rates and Deals