King Angkor Villa Siem Reap

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals

King Angkor Villa Siem Reap Reviews

andrewtoy andrewtoy
Buggy and unpleasant Apr 14, 2013
Although the room itself seemed to be mostly clean and satisfactory, the staff and service of this hotel were aggressively rude and inept. After a long day of travel to arrive at the hotel, we were immediately hustled into booking a tuk-tuk driver through the hotel (we didn't accept). Every time we passed the front desk, the staff tried to persuade us to book a tuk-tuk; this was their one and only interest. We booked a driver elsewhere and when we told the staff, they claimed that the other driver would steal our belongings and rip us off (he didn't) and we should book with them. The only communication between the staff and us was them trying to con us into a tuk-tuk. An old couple (presumably the owners) sat outside the hotel most of the time glaring at the guests.

The breakfast service was a sad and buggy ordeal. In our four mornings here, our breakfast order was consistently delayed, forgotten, or messed up. One morning, both my girlfriend and myself noticed black specks in our omelettes. Upon closer inspection, we found numerous mosquitoes cooked right into the eggs. On the last morning, we decided to take rolls to-go, as we had a long bus ride ahead. During the ride, we noticed some ants in our lunchbox and pulled apart the bread to find a NEST OF ANTS. Additionally, our bathroom was loaded with ants and many of them hitched a ride in our toiletries and stayed with us for the rest of our trip.

We heard reviews from fellow travelers of some great hostels and guest houses in Siem Reap, so there are surely MANY better options than the King Angkor Villa.
yoanna87 yoanna87
Cheap and very nice! Apr 27, 2012
One of the best places I stayed at during my SEA trip. It was cheap and nice. I booked a single room and the room was quite big and had a double bed so I really liked it. The bathroom was also spacious and clean which was a nice surprise. There was a TV and wi-fi in the room.

The breakfast was included and was basic - tea/coffe, baguette/toast and fried/scramble egg/omelette but that was ok with me.

The location is quite good as it's only 5mins to the main street where you have all the bars and restaurants.

The staff were absolutely lovely and made my stay there really enjoyable.
spocklogic says:
I'm not sold for 5*, tell us more...
Posted on: Apr 28, 2012
leema leema
Excellent Hotel Feb 19, 2012
Its a family business run by a local, Cambodian-chinese, owner. Friendly people, Mr Tom (owner), Sam, Seng and Peace (receptionists) and others (tuktuk drivers) which i dont remember all. The room was clean but bathroom should have been cleaner it was ok though. There were some spots on the till upon our arrival since the room just had been cleaned abit earlier. 10 minute walk to pub street and a few markets nearby. The hotel room includes breakfast its ok and simple just like every hotel does. Thing i like the best free ride to night market.
lilyg lilyg
Sweet along the sleep during stay in Siam Reap Oct 29, 2010
I stayed in this hostel for 2 nights.

The room we stayed has bathroom attached but no air condition. That was the wrong decision that we made. Siam Reap is very hot, eventhough October they called rainy season, it was't cool at all. We sweat along the sleep. Just choose the aircon room it would be perfect.

The owner is very welocme and helpfull. we had free pick up from and to aiport or bus station.

They also can arrange tour and transportation.

The tuk tuk that took us around Angkor Watt is a good driver with English speaking and helpfull.

The location is convinient and we will stay in the same place if we come back to SR.
patriot4311 patriot4…
Disaster place to stay Sep 26, 2010
The King Angkor Villa is a disaster of a place to stay, and I'm sad that I have to report such negativity. But my goal here is to try and help other avoid any sort of similar experience, and therefore I have to write this review.

To start, the price of the room was average for the area and other guest houses/hostels/places to stay. So, for the value, it was very very poor. It seems that the owners have spent lots of money on the facade of the building, but missed out on renovating the rooms and facilities. The beds were mildly comfortable, and the sheets were decently clean although stained. This was the first place I've stayed that required me to apply anti-mosquito repellant before bed indoors. I'm not sure how, or where they came from. But a towel blocking the crack beneath the door and the screen on the windown was insuffient at keeping the little buggers out.

But this is not why I'm writing a negative review...

The hotel offers a laundry service, for $1.50 per kilo. Everywhere else is $1.00 per kilo. No matter though, I was willing to pay $0.50 for conveinence. I was told my laundry would be back to me the following day after my tour of the temples, because I was leaving the following day. When I returned, my clothes had just been washed by hand and were hanging in the shade (it was near 5pm), and there was no way they would have dried in time. Honestly, I could have moved past this, with the exception that ALL of my clothes felt as though they had been washed in rancid rain water, and smelled like mold and mildew. At this time, I took my clothes and went to another hostel to get them dried (because I was leaving early the next morning and no one I talked to said they could have them washed and dried in time; most facilities, including the King Angkor Villa, wash by hand and line-dry the clothes).

The next morning when I was leaving, "mr. lee" wanted me to pay the full fees for the laundry service despite the poor/incomplete service. He refused to smell my clothing and conveinently "forgot" how to speak/understand the english language. When my bus arrived, he had his security agent physically restrain my baggage until I paid the fees. Obviously, I had to pay because the bus driver wanted to leave without me.

In addition to all of this, the restaurant food was over-priced for the quality; the internet Wi-Fi didn't work above the ground floor (if I was able to log in at all) and the computers that were available were ancient and slower than a 1995 dial-up connection. THERE IS NO HOT TUB AVAILABLE, as it says that there is on the information page for the hotel.

The tuk-tuk drivers (for the temple tours) were the most positive thing that I can say about this hotel. The price was $12 for each tour (the smaller tour, and the grand tour), but I've had other travelers tell me that they had the same service for $10 dollars, but I couldn't verify this.

Lastly, the price for the double room, ensuite (with fan, no air con) was $8. Air con room was $10, and "expensive" in my opinion.

Therefore, with all of this said, I WOULD ADVISE AND RECOMMEND ALL TRAVELERS TO AVOID THIS HOTEL, AND FIND OTHER ACCOMMODATION IN SIEM REAP. DO NOT STAY AT THE KING ANGKOR VILLA.

King Angkor Villa Amenities

• Garden
  • Desk
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower