Kincaid's Fish Chop & Steak House

1050 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI, USA - (808) 591-2005

Kincaid's Fish Chop & Steak House Honolulu Reviews

pinchora pinchora
good foods, fun friends Jan 22, 2009
My friends took me to one of their favorite places to get steak in Honolulu... apparently it's hard to find good steak in the city so they were excited to find this place!

Kincaids is a nice dining experience... the hostess is very attentive to the needs and will try to accomodate (we wanted to sit by the big glass windows to over look the bay but there was too long of a she got us as close as possible)... Also, we didn't want to be too close to the band that was playing that night... they were sort of bad and did cover songs badly.

The room was filled and the waiter had multiple tables... he got everything for us just how we wanted it... and did so in a timely manner... My friends ended up getting the steak and I got the Mahi Mahi. We even got soup to start with and some calimari and sweet potato french fries and for dessert we got the fruit cobbler and the creme brulee.

I really can't talk about the steaks as I didn't have it and since that was my first time having Mahi Mahi I really didn't know what to expect. It was encrusted with some sort of nut and set over squash and zuchini. It didn't taste too fishy and was tasty. The calimari was decent... to me I have never had calimari that stuck out as the best I have ever was the same as always. I had their Salmon Bisque soup which was quite tasty... it had just the right amount of seasoning and was rich in flavor and the sweet potoato fries were sweet and thinly cut...they served them with a garlic dressing which I wasn't too impressed with. I had some in NYC last year that was served with a apple dressing and eating those two together tasted just like dessert... it was delicious and that's how I like them. The creme brulee was delicious and had a nice supple crust on the top that made a nice snap when I put my spoon in it but the fruit cobbler was a little less than was a little soupy.

But all in all it was a great and enjoyable dining experience. The wait staff was great and the food was good and the atmosphere was awesome!

Check Honolulu Hotel Deals