Kim's Tea and Coffee Shop

4 Botanic Road, Southport, United Kingdom

Kim's Tea and Coffee Shop Southport Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Cake Heaven Apr 05, 2014
Kim's Tea and Coffee shop is situated in the delightful, quaint village of Churchtown.

The tea shop itself is tiny, with just seven tables, seating around 20 people at a push. Lovingly decorated with chintz, novelty teapots align the shelves and quirkly little trinkets all add to the delightful atmosphere.

Towards the back of the tea room is the serving area and kitchen. The display cabinets full to the brim with homemade cakes. There is always a wide selection and today we had a choice of lemon drizzle cake, carrot cake, walnut cake, Victoria sponge, chocolate chip, chocolate fudge cake, chocolate brownies and homemade scones the size of saucers with jam and cream.

Having had afternoon tea on a previous vist I opted for the carrot cake, both mum and my sister had lemon drizzle and my niece had a chocolate brownie. We also had a pot of tea between the four of us.

The portion sizes are HUGE and I mean huge, though I did not have a problem polishing it all off - the cakes are all home baked and you can truly tell the difference compared to what you get at the chain of commercialised coffee shops!!! The sponges are so so light. The scones are the size of saucers.

The tea is served in traditional china tea sets and the coffees in fair sized mugs - the hot chocolate comes complete with whipped cream, marshmallows and sprinkles.

Service is swift and the staff are lovely, with the feel of you actually dining in someone's house. They were great with my niece too - when paying the bill - all £10.30 of it, they gave her a chocolate Easter bunny to take home.

All in all a pleasant experience and will definitely be going back - at these prices you can't go wrong.
HUGE slab of Carrot Cake :P
vulindlela says:
Ils1976 says:
and before I forget ... congrats on the feature ... stupid me, I didn't even noticed it! :D
Ils1976 says: