Kimchee

High holborn , London, United Kingdom

Kimchee London Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Kimchee May 06, 2011
Kimchee is a sort of Korean pickled cabbage, but it is also a very nice Korean restaurant on Holborn.  It has only just opened.

The food is delicious.  I don’t eat as much Korean food as other cuisines because I rarely come across it, and the delicious food here makes me want to find more.  I was on my own – a lot of the dishes are designed to share so I really need to round up some southern friends!  But the rice hot pot dish I had (I forgot to write down the name) was amazing.  Service was fast and friendly, although they were having some teething problems with their computer systems.  The queues from opening week are dying down, but it was still very busy by 7.30pm, so you’d want to reserve on a weekend.

Prices are very reasonable.  A litre bottle of mineral water, chicken rice hot pot main course, and a whole pot of plum tea, and service, came to £16.

With a long open kitchen up one side of the restaurant, and a choice of dark wood tables or a bench by the windows, the décor is cool and attractive.  The crockery is beautiful.

I can’t wait to go back.
sarahelaine says:
yes, that sounds right. It's great. I've been back twice since writing this!
Posted on: May 29, 2011