Kimbas Bungalows

Check Mancora Hotel Deals

Kimbas Bungalows Mancora Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Just Great - Kimbas Bungalows Apr 01, 2009
We arrived to Mancora not knowing where to stay. Well, I was the one who didn't know. My friend stayed here once and we decided to go there. No need to say that this was the best idea!

For US$30 you can get a room for 4 ppl, which is a good deal. It also includes the breakfast. The location is great! It's just walking distance from town and the beach. Well, the fact that is not close to the main avenue is a big pro, since it's quiet and you won't get disturbed by the party at town, lol.

The owner is an architect who once went to Bali and fall in love with the atmosphere there. So at his hotel he tried to recreates it and he succeeds! Love the interior gardens and how he designed the bungalows. You also have a pool in the middle. The bungalows are very charming with hammocks at the entrance.

Regarding amenities, you have the pool but this is all what you needed. Who needs tv if you are in the middle of the paradise? The bed was comfy enough and even the bathroom looked charming. Shower was ok, but the water needed more pressure.

The only thing I didn't like it very much were the mosquitoes and being waken up by a crazy rooster, hahaha.

If you are going to Mancora and your budget allows it, I highly recommend you staying here. Just do not forget to bring repellent :)
nice lobby!
our bungalow
inside the room
sylviandavid says:
You might need ear plugs to put in at 4 AM.... Beat him at his own game.
Posted on: May 23, 2009
Belluomo Belluomo
Aug 13, 2007
Before coming to Mancora, my friend and I looked around by web at a lot of hostels and hospedajes. We hit the gold mine with Kimbas. This place was spotless, and extremely attractive. The bungalows are clean and fresh and very comfortable, each with private bath that has hot water in the late afternoon through evening, as is the case with most places in Mancora. There is a nice breakfast veranda and breakfast comes with the room. We rented the bungalow for $12.50 a person, and the rate was the same even when the 3rd person staying with us left.

The staff was cheerful and engaging although one downer was that the owners were apparently having personal problems because I never saw either of them smile in the 5 days we were there, and their frowns and bad looks cast a pall over everything. I was tempted to ask if they were angry at me even!

There is a lovely sunken pool and the decor and plants and everything about the bungalows was just wonderful. We looked at places the same price or more that were quite dodgy and nowhere NEAR the quality of Kimbas, and we looked at equivalent places that were charging upwards of $50 a night.

Couldn't recommend this place more!!!

Check Mancora Hotel Deals