Kim Il-sung University

Pyongyang, North Korea

Kim Il-sung University Pyongyang Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
First university of North Korea May 05, 2010
Originally built in 1946, the Kim Il Sung university was rebuilt and reopened by Kim Jong Il in 2009, december the 17th.

We were given a tour inside the university, by a female guide and Ms. Han translating her. Of course some of us had questions, but they annoyed the guide apparently. We just wanted to know more.

And the longer the tour went on, the more annoyed both ladies got. It almost felt like a bunch of school kids on a field trip, some people spent longer in a classroom then others.

The university itself was quite impressive, with no money saved when it was rebuild. Most students were gone, as we had hoped to see perhaps a class. The guide explained that the students have class in the morning and can study at home or at the university in the afternoon.

Some classrooms had computers, so we tried to get online. We tried to get google, but there was no access.

Then we went to see the newly build swimming pool, which was looked very expensive as well. An olympic style swimming pool, dive boards, another big pool and 2 waterslides.

When we arrived, everyone inside was gone. Turned they were send out of the pool and hide in the changing rooms. I did see one young man peeking around a wall at us.

I'm sure only a handful of students would be allowed to study here. The visit was nice and in my opinion to let us see the possibilities the students have to study in the capital.

As all the visits to the various sites were included in the tour, it was unknown to me about the costs. That's why I made them free.
Written mural about the visit of K…
A computer study room
Working on the computers
Computer study room
Airportman says:
YOu could always move to Pyongyang ;)
Posted on: Mar 28, 2011
dqfn1 says:
I wish my school looket that expensive. And a swimming pool, with slides, like OMG!
Posted on: Mar 28, 2011