Kilkenny Inn Hotel

Kilkenny Inn Hotel Rates and Deals

Kilkenny Inn Hotel Reviews

monkeymia79 monkeymi…
Beautiful hotel. Apr 08, 2012
Due to itinerary muckups, I needed to add a nights accommodation into my itinerary. I had a look at towns between Dublin and Cork and chose Kilkenny mainly due to the castle.

When booking this hotel, I thought it was a pub (as us Australians call pub accommodation hotels) so was expecting noise however figured I could cope with that for 1 night.

On arrival, I was very surprised to see an upscale hotel in the place of a noisy pub.

Check in went fine and when I arrived in my room, love it immediately.

As I was tired from the travelling, I had a bath, read then hit the sack.

In the morning I was again surprised at how quiet it was.

I went down to the breakfast room and loved the wide variety of foods. You can chose foods from the continental buffet (yoghurt, fruit, pastries, toast, cereal) or you can request a cooked meal. If you are hungry, you can have both.

I had yoghurt, a croissant and scrambled eggs with toast.

The croissant was the best I have had, so flaky and soft.

After breakfast I enquired on how to get to Kilkenny Castle and also if I could check out and store my luggage. I was informed that check out isn't until 12.00pm (noon) which worked well with the train times.

The distance to the city centre is walkable and very easy to find.

When I returned to the hotel I asked for the local cab companies number so I could arrange a taxi to the train station. There is a telephone on the counter that is directed to the taxi service.

The front desk staff was kind enough to call and arrange one for me.

I enjoyed my stay here and would return if in Kilkenny again.
monkeymia79 says:
I didn't get photos Paul, I have no idea why not. lol
Posted on: Jul 19, 2016
Paulovic says:
Sounds as a nice place, Melanie. :) Do you have any photos?
Posted on: Jun 28, 2016
cotton_foam says:
Thanks, Melanie for writing a review about your pleasant experience in this hotel!
Posted on: Jun 08, 2016

Kilkenny Inn Hotel Overview

The Kilkenny Inn Hotel offers exceptional value in a great location in the city. It is an AA 3 quality hotel only a few minutes from all major bars and night life. All our 30 en-suite bedrooms have: Flat Screen TV Direct Dial Telephone TeaCoffee Making Facilities Free Internet Connection FREE Parking on site Power ShowersYou can enjoy a view of the famous St. Canice's Cathedral from The Kilkenny Inn Hotel. We also offers free private parking for our guests. No restrictions, no charges during your stay. The Kilkenny Inn Hotel is close to all major Golf Clubs: Mount Juliet Golf Club Gowran Park Kilkenny Golf Club Castlecomer Callan Golf ClubBookings and transport can be arranged for all golf clubs. We are few minutes walk from St. James's Park Greyhound Track. We are five minutes walk to St. Luke's Hospital.15 min drive to Gowran Park Race Track and15 min drive to Goresbridge Horse Sales.5 minutes drive to Aut Even Private Hospital and 5 minutes drive to Kilcreen Orthopedic Hospital.

Kilkenny Inn Hotel Amenities

• Shops
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower