Kilimanjaro Safari Lodge

Check Kilimanjaro Hotel Deals

Kilimanjaro Safari Lodge Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
A Most Satisfactory Safari Lodge Sep 14, 2011
Looking for a hotel in the area of Kilimanjaro, we came across the Kilimanjaro Safari Lodge. We inquired at a couple of places in this area of Moshi, located near Kilimanjaro National Park, but this place had the best prices for the quality and offered a variety of rooms with optional camping if desired. I took a full sized room and my traveling companions opted for camping. However, the staff seemed more than willing to bargain with my companions to take a small sized room for only a little more than the camping option. They seemed eager to make us happy and actually seemed concerned that we had a nice stay. Well, my companions took the smaller room, and the bargaining skills of my companions along with the accommodating staff made this a beneficial option with a nice outcome for everyone. My room had a TV too, but it didn't work.

I am not sure if they just needed the business or are always that nice, but the establishment did seem a bit empty. It was the dry season (off season), but the hotel was very nice anyway and I was certainly happy to stay there. The hotel consists of 22 rooms distributed on 2 floors. I had a nice corner room overlooking the main entrance with access to a large deck terrace outside. The room itself was nothing fancy, but quite comfortable. It had the necessary mosquito net and even a television. The shower worked well enough and the water was hot, although the water pressure could have been better. Considering some of the other places I had stayed in Tanzania, this was quite satisfactory for me in this price range (~$50 USD) and breakfast was included too.

The grounds of the hotel are very nice and pleasant to walk around. Apparently, Mount Kilimanjaro can be seen from here, but it takes a clear day for viewing. There is a main bar area in the downstairs floor to enjoy some drink (at very reasonable prices) and the man who tends the bar is quite conversational. He said he was a former Safari tour worker and entertained us with some interesting conversation. There were some problems with the power shutting off while we were in the bar, but they had a back-up generator to keep things going. I don't hesitate to recommend this hotel. It is good value for the price, the staff are very friendly and accommodating, and the location is good too, conveniently located near Kilimanjaro National Park and Kilimanjaro Airport. It is a most satisfactory safari Lodge.
Hotel sign
Front facade
Stairway to my room
Room I
pav79 says:
Another great review! Hope you're enjoying Africa!
Posted on: Feb 23, 2012
FoxyFauz says:
Looks like a decent place to stay!
Posted on: Feb 21, 2012
jenniferhibbard says:
Sounds like a very nice comfortable stay, Brian!
Posted on: Feb 21, 2012