Ginza 2-2-6 2F, Ginza, Japan - 03-3567-6281

Kihachi Ginza Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Delicious dinner but with quite a price tag Jul 13, 2000
I had dinner there in 2000, so it's quite a while back. But I do wish to go back some day. I wonder why I never did when I was in Tokyo in 2007 and 2008. Anyways...

As mentioned in the blog, me and 3 other members of the group I was with had dinner there. From what I still know, the place looked very chique and we felt really out of place in our "tourist" attire. I thought we would be kindly told to leave, but we weren't.

The food was a mixture of french and japanese cooking and very delcious. I had a meat dish which was served very rare cooked, with a sesami seed sauce. I can still taste it when I think back about it.

But then came the price and it wasn't cheap! 140 guilders at the time, which was around 64 euro (around 91 US dollars). The euro back then didn't exist. One glass of orange juice costed me alone 25 guilders (around 11 euros or around 16 US dollars).

But despite the price, we all had a delicious dinner and I must admit I would go back again to see if the food still is as good as it was back then.
Restaurant Kihachi
sylviandavid says:
The dinner sounds wonderful.... and so nice that they overlooked your clothes as they knew you were traveling. Thanks so much for this nice review. Sylvia
Posted on: Aug 14, 2011
spocklogic says:
Actually the euro was introduced to world financial markets on Jan 1, 1999, but did not enter circulation until Jan 1, 2002. 1 USD was about 2 Guilders back in 2000, so $70 sounds about right. I guess the real unit of interest, however, was what it cost in Japanese Yen back in 2000.
Posted on: Aug 14, 2011