Khaosan Palace Hotel

Khaosan Palace Hotel Rates and Deals

Khaosan Palace Hotel Bangkok Reviews

seth_molson seth_mol…
affordable hotel, Khaosan Road Dec 22, 2011
this hotel is one of the larger ones on Khaosan road, near the middle. It Is fairly affordably at around 1,000 Baht per night.

each room comes with a clean bed, safe, shower, tv, and AC

the bathroom door however is wood, and considering the bathroom is essentially a shower, the door gets wet every time the shower is used. the doors have become old and weathered because of this. the floor mat for the bathroom was wet when I stayed in the room, and never really dried. from the website photos, most rooms are red and quite beautiful. my room was kind of old and abused, but for the price it wasn't a big deal. Apparently there is a swimming pool in the facility.

My room was on the side facing the street so the noise level was quite high. if you plan to stay out late it's not a big deal but for the early morning travelers who want a good night sleep, I suggest asking for a room further into the facility.

there is a cafe/coffee shop, internet cafe, and 7-11 attached to the building which is convenient.

Happy travels!!
Indabubble Indabubb…
Budget Accommodation - Koh San Road Apr 03, 2011
Negatives - Staff not overly helpful or friendly. Reading other reviews of the hotel this is seems to be a common theme. Some people may complain about the noise from the street but i didn't find this too bad, especially if the windows r kept shut, and after all this is Koh San Road!

Positives - Great location in the heart of Koh San with a pool. Pool is gret to have as Bangkok can get humid and it is also nice to retreat to when the roads gets too much.

Backpackers welcome.

Clean and Tidy.

I stayed here 3 times during my backpacking travels thru Asia. I stayed in their most basic room (not advertised online) and found it basic but clean and comfortable and then upgraded to deluxe double for my next 2 stays. I actually had more problems with the upgraded rooms as although the decor was far nicer, we had to move rooms due to damp(after complaining to/arguing with the hotel staff)
onthemoveuk onthemov…
Great for the price Apr 12, 2011
I have stayed in this hotel on various occasions in Bangkok. The price is very affordable. My fav part of the hotel is the rooftop pool, a great way to meet ppl and listen to the sounds of the City!!
ying8yang ying8yang
Nov 07, 2010
Here is the link:

I booked this hotel online before my arrival into Bangkok. When I got to the hotel, the lady asked me to pay for the full balance before seeing the room. This doesn't usually happen in Asia. Also I am a traveling alone and would prefer a single room, the hotel does offer single room but it's not advertised or available on the website.

Otherwise, the pictures of the room on the website are accurate for the deluxe rooms. The room is clean and the staff does clean it everyday. I really did enjoy staying at this hotel and I ended up staying two extra days. The only downsize is the noise from Khaosan Road, the room has good seal on it's windows which blocks out 90% of the noise. If you are a light sleeper, I would find a quieter street but it is a convenient hotel for a decent price.
mrandmrsbreeze mrandmrs…
Oct 12, 2010
Our home from home!!!!! Yay...we love this place, and now they have even done up all their rooma, added hot water, re -tiled all their bathrooms and have funked up their website. The staff have been there for years and they are so friendly, happy and trustworthy.

The cheapest rooms are great value at 700 baht, and although quite small, are perfectly formed. The delux rooms are fantastic and at 900 baht, with funky bathrooms, flatscreen, fridge, dvd player etc again superb value. Add into the mix the pool on the roof, the unbeatable view of Bangkok from the same place and the emergency residents toilets just off Khao San , what more could you possibly want????? ok shut up that was a rhetorical question!!!!!!
Overpriced for what you get Oct 07, 2010
This is supposed to be premium accommodation (For backpackers I mean), the price is premium but the experience is not. The staff are jaded, and not particularly friendly, but that is pretty common in Thailand (Tourist areas). For 900 baht per night, it is overpriced. D&D Inn has everything they offer (Except a safe in room) and it is only 600 baht. The room is a bit sparse, and the bathroom could be from any 200-400 baht hotel in this area, not very nice. I usually stay in 300-600 baht per night places near Khao San, but wanted to try something a bit better and now I wish I stayed at the other hotels. Not much better for way more money. The website shows pictures that don't really tell the whole story.
Bathroom, wall and room
Bed and room (No Balcony)
Cheap bathroom
heathrowsteve heathrow…
Great hotel at a reasonable price Jul 31, 2009
I stayed in this hotel in March 2009 for the best part of a week.....after I had spent a few nights in some of the real low budget places around Khaosan road, and this decision was worth the extra money. Comfortable room, clean modern building, and the rooftop pool gives you a great view of the surrounding area. Brilliant place to chill out when recovering from the after effects of the night before. The noise from Khaosan road didn't really bother me much at night as the hotel is set back a little from the main strip anyway, but centrally located for everything that Khaosan Road has to offer.(bars,shops,clubs, etc). Great cheap roadside cafes and street vendors for the budget concious. If you want to try a place a little less manic than the popular Gullivers Tavern for a night out, I would suggest the Gazebo club a few blocks up (laid back, ambient, and some great bands nightly) I intend to stay at the Khaosan Palace Hotel again when I return. Just beware of the late night streetlife of hookers and ladyboys who will be dipping your pockets given half the does happen. Like any tourist hotspots your wallet and your valubles!
robinontheroad robinont…
Oct 17, 2009
Nice, clean and modern place. The swimming pool on top of the roof is great and the room (1pers.) was fine as well!
najiah10 najiah10
Who cares if it's inconsistent? It's cheap and convenient! Sep 06, 2008
I've stayed in Khaosan Palace Inn on two occasions. The first one was in July 2005 and the second time in August 2008. Both occasions left me with different experiences. I'll tell you why in a bit.

Khaosan Palace Inn is located at the heart of Khao San Road. So you can party all you want, after which getting back to your room drunk wouldn't be that much of a feat! However, the location might be a disadvantage too because, depending on where your room is, the noise level might be too high for some light-sleepers (thankfully, i sleep like a log). The inn has both single and double rooms, with prices ranging from 450 baht to 650 baht. You also have the option of choosing a room without air-conditioning and naturally, that would cost you less.

More importantly, I realised the inn has old and new rooms (for the same price!). So it really depends on your luck. During my recent stay in Bangkok, I got one of the older rooms. Those rooms are still decent and equipped with basic necessities.. except that the last time i was there, there was a short circuit in my room while i was blow-drying my hair. It was pitch black all of a sudden. Thankfully, I still already had my clothes on! I had to run down a million flights of stairs (which i had to climb back up later on) to the reception to get the electricity back on! Moreover, my room was very near the main street, so it was a little noisy. However, if you prioritize convenience and location, if you're not too picky and if you're just staying there for a night or two, even staying in the older rooms is good enough.

In 2005, I stayed in the spanking new rooms (they're probably not that spanking new now) and for the price I paid, my stay was more than pleasant. The newer rooms are also located further in and not too close to main street of Khao San, so you won't get the noise from the bars and streets.

I've also noticed they have increased the prices since I last stayed there in 2005! Not to worry though. You always have the option to check out the rooms before paying for them. In fact, the staff insisted that I checked the rooms before paying, haha! If the room isn't satisfactory, it isn't that hard to find a place elsewhere to stay for the night!
just look for this sign along KSR.
melville says:
thanks Najiah, good info... :-)
Posted on: Sep 06, 2008
momiji momiji
Noisy at night Aug 24, 2008
Khaosan Palace Hotel is a big hotel on Khaosan road.

It's right next to one of Seven Elevens. Of course it's on Khaosan road, you can enjoy your night life or even during the day.

I stayed at double room and was a little bit over 500 baht, A/C, TV and towles. If you want to stay a room with fan is much cheaper. But the bed was really comfortable :)

My room wasn't big. It has only one bed and a tiny table beside the bed and a noisy chair. The bathroom was pretty clean.

One thing I don't recomment is that it's really really noisy at night. As you know, Khaosan road doesn't sleep til in the morning. If you get up early in the morning to catch a bus, train or plane, it's not a good place to stay but the price is really great.

They'll keep your luggage after you checked out. It's only 20baht each bag.

Reception girls are really nice and helpful.

They have interent at ground floor but kinda pricy and didn't look good. They have 4 or 5 computers. I don't remember the price. I think it's about 30 baht/30 minutes. Or less..
one double bed room with A/C and TV
Travelbuddys says:
Love khaosan road!!!!
Posted on: Mar 06, 2009
pauric_doherty pauric_d…
Nov 24, 2007
Khaosan Palace is a hotel jsut off Koh San Road in Bangkok. Thus is 1 of the more classier places in Koh San road and is still reasonably priced. We got a twin room, with air-con, hot shower and a TV for 600 BAHT. The room was clean and a reasonable size with 2 decent sized single beds. The bathroom was a little small but was clean and the hot shower worked. The room was supplied with 2 towels and 2 sheets/blankets. Teh TV had about 14 channels with both regional Thai channels and BBC world news, discovery and Eurosport.

Ths sign did state they had a swimming pool but i did not go looking for it during my stay there. The staff on the desk were friendly and efficient and had reasonable English. They allowed you to go look at the room before deciding as well which was a nice touch.

Overall, I'd highly recommend Hhaosan Palace Inn if you want some luxuries, easy access to Koh Sa Road, a quiet nights sleep and all at a reasonable price
Khaosan Palace Inn entrance
The TV and the air-con in our room
Fio Fio
Jun 17, 2007
It doesn't get much more smack-dab-in-the-middle of the farang-filled travellers' ghetto of Thanon Khao San than the Khao San Palace. It's far from spectacular, but if you're not looking for 5-star luxury (and if you want to stay on Khao San Road, chances are you're not), the Khao San Palace is probably a small step above (both in price and in quality) the rest of the budget guesthouses. The rooms are clean, the service is friendly and efficient, and the rooftop pool - although small - provides the option of a decent break from the heat and chaos of Bangkok.

There are both fan and AC rooms, although the non-AC rooms are in a less plush wing closer to the street, and noise can definitely be an issue. The mattresses are also a little on the lumpy side.

A standard double is 400 baht without AC, 600 baht with AC. There are single rooms listed on the price sheet for about 70% of the cost of an equivalent double, but it's not clear how many there are, so you may end up having to pay for a double room anyway.
elplanko86 says:
hey there, could you tell me how you booked this hostel because it doesn't appear to have any kind of website? or did you just turn up on the day? thanks! el
Posted on: Jan 13, 2008

• TV
  • DVD Player
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower