Khao Sok National Park

Surat Thani, Thailand

Khao Sok National Park Surat Thani Reviews

EmjayReet EmjayReet
One of the most stunning places in the WORLD May 28, 2011
If you have not been to Khao Sok National Park during your travels around Thailand, put it on your list now! I have been there twice and both times used a company called Limestone Lake Tours, run by an Aussie girl Kris. I highly recommend her tour company as it is value for the $ however if you are on a strict budget you can do it yourself cheap.

Catch a local bus from Surat Thani or Phuket and ask to stop at Khao Sok National Park. From there you can stay in a treehouse and arrange trekking, canoeing, elephant riding and the DO NOT MISS overnight stay on the Floating Rafthouses at Chieow Laan Lake. From the rafthouses you can go wildlife spotting, caving, trekking, swimming and canoeing...

The rafthouses are basic - a mattress on the floor and the toilets/shared bathrooms are on the lakes shore.. there is only generator electricity until about 11pm then its kerosene lanterns for the rest of the night! Amazing place to see sunset/sunrise!

I personally found it easier to do a package tour through Limestone Lake Tours but you can make your own way to the main area and arrange tours to the lake through all the guesthouses.

My favourite place to stay is Arts Riverview Lodge, which I will do a seperate review on..
vulindlela says:
Wow, what an amazing place!!
Posted on: May 28, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Khao Sok National Park

Khao Sok National Park
After two days at Khao Lak I took the local bus to Surat Thani. On the way there I decided to get off the bus to spend a couple of days in the Khao Sok National Park, where I found a nice bungalow…Surat Thani. On the way there I decided to get off the bus to spend a couple of days in the Khao Sok National Park
The land formerly known as Siam
On 31 January I arrived in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi. Although the meeting with Alex wasn't entirely as expected, we met in the hotel and soon headed out to Khao San Road the next day, where we bought a…Surat Thani to Khao Sok National Park. Here we arrived in the middle of the jungle. The main attraction here…
Ueberfahrt Ko Tao zum Khao Sok National Park
Insgesamt 12 Stunden dauerte die Ueberfahrt von Ko Tao zum National Park...Die direkte Faehrverbindung, die wir eigentlich gebucht hatten, bestand aus einem Schiffwechsel auf  Ko Pha Ngan u… Insgesamt 12 Stunden dauerte die Ueberfahrt von Ko Tao zum National Park...Die direkte Faehrverbindung, die wir eigentlich gebucht hatten…

Check Surat Thani Hotel Deals