Khao San Baan Thai

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals

Khao San Baan Thai Bangkok Reviews

kimpigott kimpigott
Affordable cosy accommodation away from Khao San Road Aug 08, 2011
So it was quite hard to find as I was dropped off at Khao San Road and had to make my way from there. It was a really hot day so the walk was quite tiring after flying in as well. We'd had a bit of a mission getting to Khao San Road and had to get the pulic transport bus along with a taxi so it wasn't too straight forward.

Finally after reaching there though (a 10 minute walk from Khao San) it's such a cosy little hostel with only 10 rooms. Once you turn town the road just walk right to the end and you'll see a sign outside on the right hand side. The guy on reception is really friendly and as you walk in it's got a real homely feel to it. You walk through a breakfast area through to reception. Here there are things to buy like drinks & snacks, even souvenires. Breakfast is included in the price. My first room was right next to reception but had a massive standing fan, a single bed and a little desk area with a little stall. You get a free bottle of water and a glass as well. The shower room is separate to the room but very clean.

I stayed 2 nights in the single room and wasn't quite ready to move so they managed to squeeze me into a double room for just 50 baht extra. This was a really nice room on the second floor. If money was no object, I would have got this room. The room had it's own little balcony and when you walk out of the room the shower was right next door. There was an extra little balcony outside the room on the landing along with a little seating area. This room had 2 fans, one on the ceiling and one floor standing. I did find the room really warm so it feels quite stuffy but you kind of put up with that with the room being so big and spacious. It was 2 matresses on the floor which wasn't as comfy as the single room as that was an actual bed. I say the negative things so you get a real feel for it, not just the good stuff but despite the negative things like the single room being a bit noisy as right next to reception, I loved this hostel hence why I kept trying to stay other nights.

The guy was so helpful, I tried to explain that I was going to Luang Prabang and he was so helpful trying to look for buses and things. You also get free wifi in the rooms as well and it's quite a fast connection as well.

If you want to stay somewhere out of the way then I would recommend this place. It's only a 10 minute walk from Khao San and I felt really safe walking down the road even on my own. You can arrange further transport for other places from here also.
The double room
Ceiling fan & door to the balcony
The out door seating area
kimpigott says:
Thanks everyone :)

@ mc_taz you can book through Hostelbookers or go direct to the website. As they only have 10 rooms I would suggest booking ahead to avoid dissapointment! :)
simsing says:
Great review! The hostel looks really nice.
nyprne says:
Great job on your featured, review!

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals