Khana Khaznah

(309) 681-0974
Khana Khaznah - menu
Khana Khaznah - chana masala
Khana Khaznah - yummy soup
Khana Khaznah - all this for $4.99!

Khana Khaznah Peoria Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Khana Khazanah - Indian and Pakistani cuisine Aug 03, 2011
Khana Khazanah is this little hole in the wall Indian/Pakistan restaurant that I had high hopes for, especially after reading so many positive reviews from the locals. Sadly it did not live up to the rave reviews that I read.

What I did love about the place was the unpretentious simple atmosphere. It reminded me of small family owned cafes in non Western countries, the kind that travelers love to find. There was no air conditioner , only the hum of a fan, and the walls were painted a candy blue that I think was probably picked from the 'oops' shelf. A few pictures of lovely Mosques adorned the walls along with one oversize photograph of Manhattan.

There was no menu given. Instead I ordered off a large magic erase board by the entrance. The prices were REALLY cheap! A lunch special was $4.99 came two dish selection and served with rice, plain naan and a lentil soup.

I ordered the chana masala - Med spice -and samosas to take with me. The chana was spicier than I expected, but that was not an issue. I liked the spice. I did not like the cheesy tomato flavored sauce they cooked with. The naan was also really dry and almost cracker like. The soup was possibly the best part of the meal! I could have had several cups more and the cracker quality of the naan worked well with the soup!

The service was fine, I found the people to be really friendly. If you see it from the outside it may look closed, but it is most likely opened.. :)
chana masala