Khan-e Ehsan

www.kajweb.com - +98 361 444 6833

Khan-e Ehsan Kashan Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
First traditional hotel in Kashan - best hotel in Iran? Jun 05, 2010
This is Kashgar's first (and still only) traditional hotel and it sure is a winner. The hotel is situated in the restored Khan-e Ehsan historical house, which also functions as a museum and library. The owner also runs a small NGO promoting Persian culture, and there are regular performances held (musical or poetry readings).

The rooms are housed in the historical quarters and are very comfortable, with all modern amenities like air-con and wi-fi internet available. Every room in the hotel is different. My room had a beautiful arched ceiling and a small window looking out over the patio. The room was on the top floor with narrow stairs leading up to the room (good thing alcohol is illegal in this country, you wouldn't want to go up these steps while drunk). Other rooms are on the lower level and easier to access.

Apparently there is a dorm as well, but this was not available when I was here.

This was definitely the best hotel I stayed at in Iran. While it is a little bit more expensive than most other places it certainly was worth the splurge.

Note that taxi drivers won't know the place as a hotel. As far as they are concerned it is still an historical house, so be sure to ask for the Khan-e Ehsan House and not Hotel, in order to prevent confusion.
This is the only sign indicating t…
View from my room
My room
bathroom
simoes says:
hello,
how can I book a room for this hotel?
I can't find the web site...how did you do it?

Do you have any travel tips? I'm going with my wife
during the month of August for Iran....Need help...:)

Cheers,

Posted on: Apr 27, 2012
Glynnes says:
Another nicely written hotel review. Thanks!
Posted on: Jul 01, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Khan-e Ehsan

Iran: a rant and an ode
(During my stay in Iran I wrote an epic rant of about 5 pages about what I thought of the country and its politics. I have tried to edit it down a little as to not bore my readers too much) I left I…Khan-e Ehsan in Kashan), but that is where couch surfing comes in. I think Iran has one of the most…
Khan-e Ehsan Map