Kåfer

Terminal 2 at Munich international airport, Munich, Germany

Kåfer Munich Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Great service, good atmosphere and wonderful food May 19, 2012
We had a few hours to kill in Munich airport on our way from Toulouse to Oslo. Airline food on European flights are not the best, so we were looking for a place to eat "real" food. The only restaurant we found was Käfer (Ladybirds or Ladybug in English). The rest were just cafés and snack bars.

Käfer turned out to be a good choice. The restaurant was a bit french looking with tiled floor, wrought iron and stained glass windows in the ceiling. They served both Bavarian and international cuisine. The service was great. Our waitress, a big Bavarian lady, was helpful, efficient, in a very good mood and joking. She made us feel very welcome.

I started with a Weisbier brewed in the restaurant. And with it, a pretzel of course. I ordered the Spaghetti Scampi (spaghetti with grilled king prawns, rocket, fresh garlic, cherry tomatoes and chili oil) , which was prepared to perfection. The spaghetti was real "al dente". My friend had the Nürnberger Rostbratwürst (Roasted pork sausages with sauerkraut, sweet mustard and horseradish). We were both very happy with our choices. For dessert I just had to try the local Apfelstrudel. It was heavenly.

I can highly recommend Käfer, not just because it´s the only proper restaurant in terminal 2, but because everything was excellent. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere good and the service great.
Inside Käfer
Inside Käfer
Käfer
Weisbier & pretzel
gimpel says:
sounds very good, and yes much better than airline food haha.
Posted on: May 19, 2012