Keys Resort & Marina

Keys Resort & Marina Rates and Deals

Keys Resort & Marina Tavernier Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Not too shabby Nov 08, 2010
I thought this hotel was gonna be hell on earth.

I booked on Hotwire on the night before I was supposed to meet a TB and her friends in Key West. I decided to stay in a hotel in the Keys over night because I didn't want to make the long drive down there in the next morning; it made more sense to me to just stay some where in the Keys the night before so I wouldn't have to travel so far in the morning.

Once I booked the hotel ( a two-star for $76 for the night, which sounded reasonable for the Keys), I saw that it would be the Keys Resort & Marina. I immediately went to TripAdvisor to read the reviews. Nearly every one was incredibly negative, which really discouraged me.

When I got there though, I saw that it wasn't nearly as bad as people made it seem. It was an older hotel, and there were some cracks here and rust spots there. But the room was clean, the A/C blew cold, the TV had plenty of cable channels and the bed was comfortable. I also thought it was cool that there were chairs outside my room facing the marina in the back, which looked pretty nice.

I think people who wrote bad reviews were pissed off about one word in the name of the hotel: Resort. Admittedly, this word is used too loosely in the names of many of hotels in the Florida Keys.

When most people envision a resort, they think of a luxurious place to relax. Well in the Florida Keys, even the dumpiest of hotels unabashedly have "resort" in their names to trick unsuspecting travelers.

The Keys Resort & Marina is far from what most people would consider a resort. But if you're looking for a clean, decent place to stay at a relatively reasonable price, I'd recommend this place.
miss_independent says:
For a 2* it looks really decent and a very good size.
Jamal1280 says:
Thanks gpat :)
Glynnes says:
Sounds nice. Thanks for sharing.

Check Keys Resort & Marina Rates and Deals