Stationsweg 166a, Lisse, Netherlands

Keukenhof Lisse Reviews

stefmuts stefmuts
The most beautiful flower garden Apr 15, 2016
Only two months a year open but one of the major tourist attractions in the Netherlands. I live only 2 hours away but never been there until now. Maybe it was a bit too early in the blooming season to see the tulips in the garden, but there are plenty other flowers like hyacinth, daffodil and crocus. There are lots and lots of tulips in the greenhouse so you’re not going to miss out on them when not blooming outside.

The park/garden is really beautiful, and it’s arranged in a way there’s something blooming all the time for those two months, crocus is early, then hyacinth and daffodil and different kind of tulips bloom at different times in the season. The collage of flowers, the setting with waterways, fountains, trees and art makes it a nice park to stroll or sit and enjoy a bought or brought sandwich.

The tulip fields are situated outside the gardens (mostly privately owned) but it’s possible to do a boat trip through those fields, it is not included as part of the Keukenhof ticket so you have to buy an additional ticket at the stand near the windmill. I didn’t take the boat trip, might have if there were more tulips blooming except for only the red ones.

In the various greenhouses you can see exhibitions of other flowers as well as the tulip and there is some information about the origin of tulips and how it got to be Hollands pride. The historical garden shows different kinds of tulips from different eras.

All through the park you can get food and drinks, from cotton candy to ‘broodje rookworst’ the Dutch version of the hotdog at the stands to full meals at one of the restaurants situated in the pavilion’s. For children there’s a playground and a petting zoo in case they get bored with all the flowers. O and very important this day and age: free Wifi
The Tulip exhibition
For all ages!
The neighbouring tulip fields (mos…
Dutch windmill
hightide says:
Looks more beautiful than a postcard! :) I want to do a boat trip! Did you ride a bike?
Posted on: Jul 18, 2016
Ils1976 says:
same here ... I really need to visit it one day! :)
Posted on: Apr 24, 2016
vulindlela says:
Posted on: Apr 21, 2016
Petra2111 Petra2111
Beautiful dutch highlight May 09, 2009
Last saturday we went to the beautiful dutch flowerparc "de Keukenhof" at Lisse.

The weather was great and the flowers were on their best! Even the kids had a great time in the Labyrinth, children's farm or playground etc

We had tickets already so we didn't had to wait. Here is some information from Wikipedia:

Keukenhof is located in South Holland in the small town of Lisse, south of Haarlem and southwest of Amsterdam. It is accessible by bus from the train stations of Haarlem, Leiden and Schiphol. It is located in an area called the "Dune and Bulb Region" (Duin- en Bollenstreek).

The garden was established in 1949 by the then-mayor of Lisse.Keukenhof has been the world's largest flower garden for over fifty years.

Keukenhof is open annually from the last week in March to mid-May. The best time to view the tulips is around mid-April, depending on the weather.

Their own site is
Lord_Mike says:
Congratulations on your feature! How beautiful!!!
mrandmrsbreeze says:
Congrats on your featured review, some great photos too !!!!!
Koralifix says:
Congrats on being featured, Petra! Nicely done!
mica_k mica_k
Keukenhof, for those who love tulips Jun 03, 2009
Been to the Keukenhof twice and also stopped by at the tulip fields outside the Keukenhof. The colors of the tulips will delight people who just can't get enough of this magnificent flower!

Best time to go is in April although officially open from March to May.

There is normally a long line to the parking areas, and that's why I gave it a 4 rating. I can be impatient.

If your hotel is based in Amsterdam, there are several ways to get to the Keukenhof. There is the Combi-ticket, which, by its name means that you pay for the bus and the entrance ticket to the Keukenhof! Very convenient, no need to line up and waste time waiting to buy your tickets when you can be enjoying the brilliant colors of the tulips!

All you have to do is buy these tickets at the VVV tourist offices in Amsterdam. This bus ticket is also your entrance ticket so hold on to it!

Now you’re set to go. Don’t forget your camera!

I’ve always enjoyed visits to the Keukenhof so I’ve included a mosaic of my fave images. Don’t be surprised if you end up staying the entire day in the midst of beautiful tulips.

TIP for those who are on a budget. You may want to take some drinks and snacks with you if you’re not bothered about lugging them around with you. Food and drinks do add up. I was craving for Japanese food (of all things) but what they have are regular snack foods one finds in the Netherlands: fries, frikandel, meat balls, salmon, salads and sandwiches.
Keukenhof Mosoaic
sophiabowie sophiabo…
Keukenhof Apr 14, 2009
I finally made it to the Keukenhof after living here for 2 years and ALWAYS missing the flowers when they are in bloom. I'm so glad I did too! It was such a lovely sight! It’s the worlds largest flower garden and is located outside of Amsterdam in Lisse, Netherlands which is in south Holland. It was so lovely. And gosh darn it smelled lovely too! There were all types of flowers. Over 7 million spread across a huge park. There were TONS of tulips which are my favorite flower so it was a treat, but also added some new favorites! The journey there was about 45 minutes. My friends and I took advantage of the combination ticket from Schipol airport which includes entrance and transportation by bus from Schipol to the gardens. It's 20 euro which I didn't think was that bad. If you're in The Netherlands in the spring time don't miss a chance to see such a beautiful site! The park is open from March 19 to May 21st!
annieburbanores anniebur…
The land of the Flowers May 01, 2009
I've been to Holland many times, but I manage to miss Keukenhof every time. Finally last week I went to this beautiful garden, and I’m so happy I did. When I fist got there I thought it was quite expensive 13, 50€ (I’m a student ;)) just for a garden, but it is totally worth full. I love flowers and here you can see them all in the most beautiful display ever. I was there for only 3 hours and not for a second was I bored with all the flowers, and I could have stayed even longer, but it closes at 19:30. I think it is a must see, and I’m sorry for everybody that like me before, manage to go to Holland and miss to go to Keukenhof.
anticrystal anticrys…
Flower Heaven Jun 23, 2008
This is the most beautiful spring bulb flower garden I've ever seen, not to mention the biggest in the world. Millions of flowers that bloom at the same time. It is breathtaking...It's a very nice place to enjoy a picnic!

We stayed for almost the entire day soaking in the beautiful rainbow of colours. Taking around 300 photos between the 2 of us!

It's only open for 2 months a year from end march till may. so it's going to be crowded pretty much when ever you go. The only places you really notice it are in the inside greenhouses, but if you want to stop and enjoy the flowers and get fantastic close-up photos then you don't really mind the slow trickle towards the exits. When you're outside it so big it's pretty easy to stir clear of the crowds.

This is a easy day trip to make from anywhere in The Netherlands.

We took the train to Leiden, then got a combination ticket for the express bus and entrance fee for 17 euros. entrance is normally 12.50
Marjolein17 Marjolei…
The most beautiful spring garden in the world May 15, 2008

Keukenhof is a beautful garden. I visit Keukenhof many times. It is almost my back yard. Keukenhof is also fun for little kids. There is a playground and other stuff to do.

When you are staying in Amsterdam you can take a Combi-ticket to Keukenhof.

Combi-tickets from Amsterdam

For several years Connexxion has been successfully offering Combi-tickets on buses to Keukenhof. Combi-tickets are on sale at Connexxion points of sale at Leiden Central Station, The Hague Central Station and Schiphol and at VVV tourist information offices in Amsterdam, The Hague, Scheveningen, Haarlem and Schiphol. The combined bus and entrance ticket is valid on all direct Connexxion routes to Keukenhof and, this year, also on Interliner 370 between Amsterdam and Schiphol. Travellers with a Combi-ticket from Amsterdam can switch to the Keukenhof shuttle bus at Schiphol (no. 58).

Come to Keukenhof above all don’t forget to bring your camera!

In 2009 Keukenhof opens his doors from 19 march till 21 may.

For more information go to
dolfijn dolfijn
Sep 15, 2007

Keukenhof History:

Where Keukenhof is situated now, was a hunting area in the 15th century. Herbs for the kitchen of the castle of Jacoba van Beieren were also collected here; hence the name Keukenhof.

The current park was a section of the sizeable estate of Slot Teylingen, with beautiful untamed bushes and dunes. After the decease of Jacoba van Beieren Keukenhof fell into the hands of rich merchant families. Baron and baroness Van Pallandt invited landscape architects J.D. and L.F. Zocher, designers of the Amsterdam Vondelpark, to make a design for the garden around the castle. This design, in the English landscape style, has always been the basis of Keukenhof.

At the moment the estate belongs to a Corporation. On the initiative of the Lisse mayor of that time and a number of leading flower bulb growers and exporters, an open air flower exhibition was organised here for the first time in 1949. This expanded to an annually recurring event that has always drawn great numbers of visitors from all over the world. This is how Keukenhof became the park that we now know.

Obviously you can make a stroll through our park on your own. If, however, you intend to visit Keukenhof in a group, you can also select an organised guided tour. You will then get an explanation on the history, background information on the planting and you will hear all kinds of interesting information that you would normally miss.

If you come in April to Lisse there is throughout the area Flowerparade! This is really great and a must to see!
findmeabeach says:
Oh and only 4.5 hr drive from Frankfurt. Very possible!
Posted on: Feb 17, 2008
findmeabeach says:
I really have to see this place once!!! April is best time??
Posted on: Feb 17, 2008
Tviet says:
Het lukt al aardig! Heb je die foto's zelf gemaakt?
Posted on: Sep 15, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Keukenhof

Keukenhof Lisse
Saturday 27-03-2010 we went to Keukenhof in Lisse, after having nice weather the whole week 15 till 20 C, the weather was not that good on saturday and the forcast was that it would rain the whole af…Lisse. Arround 12.00 we arrived at the parking place of de Keukenhof in Lisse, in the keukenhof we would meet…
a daytrip to the "Keukenhof" a famous dutch flowerparc
Yesterday my sister in Law, my two nephews and I went to the beautiful dutch flowerparc "de Keukenhof" at Lisse which is famous all over the world. It was a lovely day, the sun was shining most of th…Keukenhof" at Lisse which is famous all over the world. It was a lovely day, the sun was shining most…
I present to you.. my country, The Netherlands
I was born in Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka. When I was a few weeks old I was adopted by a family from the Netherlands. Since then I've lived here in this small country in Europe. A small country…Keukenhof in Lisse. There you will find beautifull gardens filled with every colour of tulips imaginable. Its openend from March…

Check Lisse Hotel Deals