Kettle & Tin

215 Given Terrace, Brisbane, Australia

Kettle & Tin Brisbane Reviews

AussieMel82 AussieMe…
Shabby Chic in the heart of Paddington Mar 12, 2014
Friends and I went for coffee and a bite to eat here last weekend.

It is located in the heart of Paddington, just a short walk from Suncorp Stadium and surrounded by a number of other similar style cafes.

The style is quite edgy with the decor being a bit 'shabby chic'. It reminded me of cafes in Newtown/Enmore in Sydney only more on the chic side of the shabby.

We started with coffee and straight away we noticed how slow the service was. Considering it was only coffee and it wasn't that busy I thought we were waiting a considerable amount of time.

I got a Chai Latte after asking specifically how it was made but it still was very weak and tasted simply of warm milk. Later on I did get a cup of tea which was made with loose leaves which I was very happy with.

After a while, we decided to order some breakfast. Even the basic brekky here was about $15 and there were some meals that were around $18-20 which even to me (coming from Gold Coast which is expensive) i thought the price was over the top.

I got roast pumpkin and ricotta on sourdough which was beautiful and one of the cheaper options at $13.50.

The cafe was quite open and due to this was very noisy. Too much to bear at 10am, we could hardly hear each other over the conversation of other diners.

Overall not bad if you don't mind paying the price.

Check Brisbane Hotel Deals