Kenya and Tanzania

Kenya and Tanzania Reviews

doclette doclette
Oct 15, 2007
We went to Kenya and Tanzania last July and used Southern and Eastern Safari for Kenya and Leopard Tours for Tanzania. Be sure to book the two separately because Kenyan agents are not allowed to book tours in Tanzania so they use a Tanzanian agent and get a cut and basically you end up paying more, instead of dealing with Leopard Tours directly.

I would skip Lake Manyara in Tanzania as there arent that many animals there. We went to Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania, both a MUST. In Kenya, we went to Masai Mara only. If you are only visiting one park, you can just ask the resort to book a tour for you. For example, you can fly to your resort in Masai Mara from Nairobi and have the resort provide a safari for you. This way, you don't need a tour agent for Kenya. You can book your Kenya - Masai Mara tickets online, as well as the resort. Consider staying one night in a tented camp like Mbuzi Mara in Tanzania... it is a whole different experience.
kelleeoo says:
I agree. I used Leopard Tours in Tanzania. They were very good. Skip Lake Manyara. Ngorongoro was the best followed by Serengetti. Enjoy
Posted on: Oct 16, 2007
DJdeRidder says:
Apart from the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater (which are a MUST) I would like to suggest Lake Nakuru, Lake Baringo (both Kenya) and Tarangire (Tanzania).

Lake Nakuru has a big salt lake with thousands of flamingo's and all other African animals (we didn't see elephants there though). Lake Baringo is a great place to relax, check out my review of it. Tarangire is close to the city of Arusha. It's very easy to arrange your game drive from there. Tarangire was our last national park we visited. Untill then we had seen about 40 elephants (in 3 weeks), that day we saw 200 extra elephants! It's difficult to see predators here because the grass and bushes are quite high.

Like doclette, I would recommend you to stay in a tented camp rather than a hotel. We had hyenas on the camp site while we were sitting around the campfire.

If you'd like to see some photos from all sights, have a look at my blog/profile photos. For any specific questions feel free to ask me.
Posted on: Oct 15, 2007