Kentucky Fried Chicken

W Main/U.S. Route 50, Salem, IL, USA

Kentucky Fried Chicken Salem Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Quick Chicken Mar 21, 2011
I would not normally write a review about a fast food place, but since it's a small-town, along the Interstate (I-57, exit 116), AND it has become one of my favorite places to eat in Salem, I'm writing this review about Kentucky Fried Chicken.

KFC is located on Route 50, west of the Interstate in front of the Walmart SuperCenter (you can't miss it). It opened late fall of 2009, so it's fairly new. Of course, it's a fast food chicken chain restaurant, so the menu is pretty standard. The buffet is actually the main reason for going here. Generally, the food is fresh, rather than sitting under the heat lamps for an extended period of time. And, I know it's crazy, but I love their green beans. Drink and ice cream (dare I say the ice cream is better than Dairy Queen's, but only vanilla is available here).

There is ample seating available, plus there is the drive-thru option, as well. If you are passing through south-central Illinois on 57 (or Route 50 for that matter), and need a quick lunch or dinner, I recommend Kentucky Fried Chicken.
ahtibat17 says:
haha, I was bored ;)
Posted on: Mar 21, 2011
osgoodst says:
getting desperate for reviews eh?
Posted on: Mar 21, 2011