Kensington West Hotel

Kensington West Hotel Rates and Deals

Kensington West Hotel London Reviews

ahintofvanilla ahintofv…
Kensington West no more Apr 14, 2011
Thinking it would be a great me-time for the weekend, I found a deal online showing that from 95 to 75, they dropped it to 55 pounds for a double room that night, same rate for a single, so I thought, wow I just scored an excellent deal, right? So I packed my new books, best soap from Lush to run in the bath and my favorite silk pajamas just to basically indulge in reading and relaxation.

To be fair, location wise is okay. It is near the West Kensington station and though it took me a few Q & A's, I managed to reach my destination. Whatever photos you see online is pretty much as it is, only you'd find out that it really is a very refurbished building, if there's even such a label! The male receptionist was pretty much okay, not the warmest creature on earth but he did what he had to do, especially when he had to assist me when the key card didn't work at first.

Upon entering, you'd see a pretty small room with the basics, the bed and the rest room. I have to warn you that there is no such thing as soft lighting in here or mood lighting per se, its just a choice between the usual standard bulb, the TV being turned on for light or the mini-bedside lamp that hardly sustains reading.

They did provide free wifi too, so I went online, breaking the rule of relaxing and getting away from it all in the first place. The toilet and bath was small yet decent. The tub was very small and narrow, you could only fit an anorexic. Seriously.

It could just be me or the room that was assigned to me that day but at some point, it felt comfortable but a little concerning which is why I had to close the windows.

I'm not the world's biggest complainer and whiner (yet!), but I really felt that I could have stayed somewhere else for a better value.

Kensington West Hotel Overview

The family-friendly Kensington West hotel is situated within easy reach of the famous shopping district of Kensington. The hotel is within close proximity to Harrods, the 3rd most visited tourist attraction in London, on Brompton road in Knightsbridge. The Olympia Exhibition Centre, as well as both exhibition centres at Earl's Court, can be found nearby, offering exhibitions throughout the year. The hotel's immediate vicinity features restaurants, bars and pubs, nightlife spots, public transport links and shops. The nearest airport is London Heathrow, some 17 km away. Gatwick, Stansted and Luton airports are 48, 70 and 74 km from the hotel respectively.

This newly refurbished hotel, set in the heart of London, is located within easy reach of the famous shopping district of Kensington. Fully air-conditioned, it features a lobby with 24-hour reception and check-out service, a hotel safe and lift access. A WLAN Internet access point is also provided (fees may apply).

All the guest rooms are en suite and come equipped with complementary toiletries. The rooms are modern, neat and elegant and feature a hairdryer, television, an iron and ironing board and central heating.

The hotel offers free WLAN Internet access and hot beverages throughout the stay.

Kensington West Hotel Amenities

• Safe-Deposit Box
  • Hair Dryer
  • Complimentary Toiletries
  • TV
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower