Ken's Campground And Fishing Lakes

3555 Blackridge Road, Cave-in-Rock, IL, USA
(618) 275-4381

Compare Elizabethtown Hotel Rates (12.6km away)

Ken's Campground And Fishing Lakes Cave-in-Rock Reviews

Krissy517 Krissy517
Jan 26, 2008
This little campground is in South Eastern Illinois. If you're looking for a quiet little place to stay, for not a lot of money, Ken's Campground and Fishing Lakes is a must.

My Fiancè, Kenny and I were on vacation with a friend of ours. By the end of the day, we were beat, and broke. We happened to find a tiny little motel. They didn't have any rooms available, because there was a huge event happening nearby. But a man happily took us to some cabins not too far away. First impressions of the cabins were "small, but cute". They had cute little porches with porch swings overlooking the pretty pond and beautiful trees. They had everything we needed that night. He showed us around the campground and offered us a cabin. I didn't think we could afford it but I was shocked when he asked for $55! Very cheap, and well worth the price. We were ready for the air conditioner and a shower!

So later on that night, when the owner saw that we were still awake, he came knocking on the door with a bag of popcorn. He even offered to fix us breakfast and dinner the next day at their restaurant at the motel. The next day, we went to an all day outdoor concert and he was nice enough to hold the cabin for us. When we got back, we unfortunately had to tell him we couldn't afford another night. He saw how wet, sticky and hot we were (We were drenched in Faygo, it was an ICP concert.) so he let each of us take another shower, even though we weren't staying there that night.

You WILL NOT find better service, these people were so very sweet and took great care of us. Below is a breakdown of the positive, negative, and price. Unfortunately I have no photos of this place, and couldn't find anything about it online, but I wrote down the information so we could rent one again the following year.

Location: Secluded from busy streets and cities, in the woods, not too far from Cave-In-Rock.

Accommodations: Covered porch with porch swing, beautiful view of pond and nature, bunk beds (bottom bunk is for two), AC, heat, shower with hot and cold water, sink, stove, some food and paper plates in cabinets, microwave, TV, VCR, some movies in cabin, and others for rent.

Price: $55/night

Negatives: When we were there, they had a little bee problem, but that might be solved now. Shower is very small. Not a good cell phone signal there.

Compare Elizabethtown Hotel Rates (12.6km away)

Ken's Campground And Fishing Lakes  Map