Kennedy Space Center

John F. Kennedy Space Center , Cape Canaveral, FL, USA

Kennedy Space Center Cape Canaveral Reviews

WalterC WalterC
Enjoyable by both space and non-space buffs Mar 12, 2013
Located in Cape Canaveral, the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Center is a must see, even if you are not into anything related to space.

Located about an hour away from Orlando, there is no public transportation to take you there. So your options are either (1) to drive there, or (2) sign up with a bus tour. The bus tour option should be just paying for transportation and admission. Once there, you have the time to yourself, until it’s time to go. I went along with Gray Line Orlando, which cost me $100.

There are a bunch of things that can keep people busy all day, and some things that they may not be able to get to. There are museums, I-MAX films, a flight simulator ride (that could make you have motion sickness), astronauts memorial, among other things.

I recommend seeing the Early Space Exploration, which is a museum on early space travel. And the visit to the Apollo/ Saturn V Complex, which has a huge Saturn V on display, and you can actually touch a rock from the moon. The complex also has displays on the Apollo missions to the moon.

Keep in mind, the Apollo/ Saturn V Complex is at another part of the KSC, that you can only get to, by one of their shuttle buses. Leave yourself enough time to get there, see the place, and come back.

Needless to say, the Kennedy Space Center is definitely worth the time and money, as it is very informative about space travel. And not as expensive as the other theme parks. I came away, feeling awed by it all. Then again, I am a bit of a space buff!
sign
Kennedy fountain
entrance
Mercury mission control room
joehobo says:
Congrats Walter sorry I missed the feature earlier
Posted on: Sep 14, 2013
cotton_foam says:
My late congrats, Walter!!
Posted on: Sep 14, 2013
fibrusy says:
Good piece. :)
Posted on: Sep 12, 2013
Andy99 Andy99
It Really is Rocket Science! Mar 24, 2010
A visit to the Kennedy Space Center and its Visitor Complex offers an up-close look at the US space program. The first stop for visitors will be the Visitor Complex. A Rocket Garden displays the various types of rockets that have been used by NASA's programs since the 1950s. Exhibit halls have interpreted displays on early space exploration and on current robotic probes. The IMAX film on moon exploration is a must! Visitors can also enjoy the Space Shuttle Launch Experience, a motion-simulation ride.

I did not have an idea how large the Kennedy Space Center really is. A visit only begins at the Visitor Complex. Shuttle buses take visitors out to the Apollo and Space Shuttle launch pads and the huge Vehicle Assembly Building, some five miles distant. The Apollo/Saturn V Center is included in all tours, with its own exhibits on the Apollo moon landing missions.

The standard Kennedy Space Center Tour is included with admission. Two tours are available at extra cost. The Discover KSC: Today & Tomorrow Tour takes visitors closer to the launch pads and to more behind the scenes areas. The Cape Canaveral: Then & Now Tour takes visitors to the original Cape Canaveral launch complexes.

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit! It's like a theme park for adults! (Space fans of all ages will enjoy it, too.)

Admissions fees are comparable to a theme park: $38 for adults, $28 for children.
Space Shuttle Plaza
Well done, Andy!
Posted on: Jun 17, 2010
aelder2259 aelder22…
Kennedy Space Center Tour May 09, 2010
When we arrived at the KSC, we were sent to the shuttle simulator...it was ok, but not that much of a thrilling experience for me. Same with the IMAX movie that followed...I had already seen it at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle when it first came out (the one narrated by Tom Hanks). We then were loaded on a bus to go to a closer vantage point to see the space shuttle on the launch pad (it takes off on May 14th). The closest we could get was 3 miles, and because of the positioning, I could only see the boosters and fuel tank....not even a small glimpse of the shuttle itself.

Next, we were taken to the actual launch site of the Gemini, Saturn, & Apollo space missions. There, we got to see how big the first manned space rockets were, broken out in the many stages.

It was a unique experience, however I didn't excite me as much as I had hoped.

Related Travel Blogs About Kennedy Space Center

I´m coming!
Here I am making the last preparativeses for my US journey. My international experience summarizes on England and Argentina. It's time to meet the north american culture. It's time to play Borat, may…Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral). October 9-10: Flight to home, sweet home. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This is my journey…
The city
Orlando Florida Beaches, Vacations and Information Orlando - unquestionably the king of theme parks - a land of fantasy worlds. The city of Orlando is a prosperous modern Florida city…Kennedy Spaces Center and Cape Canaveral - America's space port.  NASA's Kennedy Space Center offers many presentations, displays…
Zolfo Springs to Titusville, FL., Kennedy Space Center, Valient Air Museum
After returning from my visit with my friend in Fort Lauderdale, I returned to Zolfo Springs and packed up and left for Titusville. This leg took me through Orlando in a driving rain and Disney traff…Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center. The beach just north of the Space Center is a National Seashore and has miles…

Check Cape Canaveral Hotel Deals