Kenilworth Castle

01926 852078

Kenilworth Castle Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Kenilworth Castle Mar 12, 2008
Kenilworth Castle is a red ruined castle near Coventry and Warwick. It is the historic home of John of Gaunt, who was Henry V's grandad, and Robert Dudley, who had an affair (allegedly) with Elizabeth the First.

Kenilworth is beautiful. Really lovely. There are ruined towers with stairs you can climb up for a look, a restored stable, a gatehouse (which was closed when I went, but never mind) and a lovely view over the pretty part of Kenilworth. There is a tea room (closed when I went, but it was a mid winter week day. Such is life!), a shop, and you get a free Audio Tour, which I ignored because I was chatting to my friend too much. The landscape is beautiful, and they're restoring an Elizabethan Garden behind the ruin. Local residents are allowed in free, and the rest of us stump up £6.50, and £4.50 for students.

I think that it is well worth a trip here if you're in the area.

The Queen and Castle pub, across the road, has Costa Coffee when you're done. And comfy sofas. What more can you ask? Oh, a good range of ciders. And beer. Yay!
Ruins
Castle

Related Travel Blogs About Kenilworth Castle

stopping for coffee
The meeting stopped in daylight, so I met a friend for coffee and we went to Kenilworth castle.  It's the largest ruin in England, apparently - it was owned variously by John of Gaunt (Henry V's…Kenilworth castle.  It's the largest ruin in England, apparently - it was owned variously by John of Gaunt…

Check Kenilworth Hotel Deals