Keliki,Farmer- Painter's village

Keliki,Farmer- Painter's village - Keliki paintings Ubud Bali
Keliki,Farmer- Painter's village - Keliki painting:2,5 cm X 4 cm!Ubud Bali

Keliki,Farmer- Painter's village Ubud Reviews

bernard69 bernard69
A quiet walk through the ricefields and jungle not far from the crowdy Ubud May 05, 2008
Not far from the turbulence of Ubud,u can do a very quiet 3 hours walking tour through the ricefields and jungle to Keliki village,a village of farmer-painters.The Keliki school is like Batuan school characterized by the expression of Balinese mythology and themes of daily life,but in miniature sizes leaving no empty spaces on the canvas.

We did this tour with Wayan Murjana,a French-English speaking driver-guide(phone 0361 7884336 and 081338272777,email lelemasadv@hotmail.com) who led us to the painter's house where we had a nice veggie lunch and met his young students.

This generous man welcomes these children,sometimes 8 years old and gives us an artistic education to get them out of poverty!

If u visit him,don't forget to bring to him some drawing paper because it is expensive(for him) there.

if u like this kind of paintings,don't hesitate to buy some and so,do a good deed:the price is here a great bargain:we had 3 paintings for 80 bucks!
Keliki painting:2,5 cm X 4 cm!Ubud…
a 3 hours walk!Ubud Bali
Keliki ink painting Ubud Bali
Keliki art Ubud Bali
bernard69 says:
sorry for the wrong number Gabriel and THANKS for sharing,I update my review!
Posted on: May 31, 2010
Gabygabriel says:
I wanted to experience this Ida but seeing his luxury car, a red Daihatsu brand new in front of his beautiful and wealthy home, I told myself that I had the wrong address. A young Balinese then showed me the house of another painter who has a school of painting in a very poor house with children very badly dressed, at the end of the same street. I then made the acquaintance of Mr. Dolit, a charming Balinese who finances really poor children of his village. Poverty is seen in his home in the living conditions of the 40 people in his family space. I took the phone number of Mr. Dolit who also organizes walks through the ricefields. Who copied the other? From Bali : 08155791433. Below, the photo of mister Dolit
Posted on: May 31, 2010
reikunboy says:
Thanks for this bernard
I will try and check this out when I'm there in August
Posted on: May 22, 2009