4201 Versailles Road, Lexington, KY, USA - (859) 254-3412

Keeneland Lexington Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
A day at the races Apr 25, 2013
Keeneland is a historical and essential landmark for Lexington, and a place you shouldn't miss when you go there.

I didn't know how to rate the cost because it can be from extremely cheap to extremely expensive, depending on what you want to do. If you just want to show up and see the races, all you have to pay is parking (about $20) and the entrance ($5) and you are done. But if you want to expand your experience, you can buy programs, souvenirs, have a snack, dine and of course, bet. But even betting can go from a few dollars to all the money you have. I guess I liked that about racetracks, that it's affordable and fun for every budget.

The only other time that I had been in a racetrack was in Houston. I loved dining and spending time there, but there's something to Keeneland that made it more special. Maybe just the fact, that it's in Kentucky, the world's horse capital.

First, we went looking at the horses when they walk them in front of the people. God, these animals are so beautiful, and so well taken care of, of course. Then, I bet a few dollars, won one race, but lost on the others, lol. We were first in the ground area in front of the track, then we went to the seats having a snack, but it was quite cold there. There were 9 races for the day, but we just saw a few. It was a very fun experience and of course I recommend it to anyone visiting Kentucky. KY is all about horses, and Keeneland + the Kentucky Horse Park make a great combo.

Check Lexington Hotel Deals