Küchenmeisterey Schloss Neuenburg

1 Schloß, Freyburg, Germany

Küchenmeisterey Schloss Neuenburg Freyburg Reviews

aloneinthecrowd aloneint…
A dreamlike place to enjoy treats Feb 26, 2010
If you're looking for something special to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, wedding, silver wedding or just want to escape from your daily routine you're right at this place. In the historical rooms at the castle you find a special place for a special occation.

I never visited a restaurant like this. The atmosphere was amazing. The people were friendly and the menu was incredible.

We had dinner there twice since we booked a special arrangement which is only available from February to April. It's called "Küchenmeisters Kesseltreiben". On friday night we enjoyed a medieval wine tasting and saturday night we had a historical feast. Both events were extraordinary. The waiter / waitresses were dressed in historical clothings consistent with the event.

The wine tasting was hosted by a former wine queen and she told us everything about wine, wine producing and the history of the Saale / Unstrut wine growing in a very humorous way.

The "Feast" was hosted by a gleeman. He sang "dirty" drinking songs to us and told amusing stories. We had really good laughs with him.

"Medieval Wine Tasting": We had 5 different wines to taste. 2 white ones, 2 red ones and 1 rosè one. All of them were very tasty. Hard to decide which one was the best. Since I like red wines better my favourite was "Blauer Zweigelt".

The menu was as follows: pie filled with chicken fricassee, followed by roast beef on vegetables and potatoes and pudding with chocolade as dessert.

The menu was perfect :D

"Historical feast" The drinks were not included to the dinner like at the wine tasting but (except of the wine) the prices were reasonable.

The menu came as follows: a cheese and fruits plate accompanied by homemade bread; a soup from red gabbage; baked mussels on avocado-mango-vegetable; strudel filled with venison on Brussels sprouts and pheasant breast on vegetables; as dessert we had canneloni made from chocolade pastry filled with pudding.

Unfortunately I haven't taken any photos from the dinners but I assure you everything was more than delicious. You can believe me or not, I haven't eaten any of the menus before but everything was so good that I'll definitely will ;)

When I'll have the chance I'll come back that's for sure.
Restaurant "Küchenmeisterey" at t…
dieforu says:
ooo...coming!!:-DDDD
aloneinthecrowd says:
You won't need 5 days to get there ;) Enter a plane to Leipzig, catch the train to Naumburg and I'm sure there'll be a bus to Freyburg. If not you can walk the 6 km :p You see. Not a big deal ;)
dieforu says:
i know where gonna do my next birthday!( i cannot get ready its almostly in 5 days my birthday!):-DD..ofcourse i dont think gonna get married never ever again!:-DDDD

Check Freyburg Hotel Deals