Kazan

London, England

Kazan London Reviews

DAO DAO
Turkish Delight Feb 14, 2017
Levent and Bulent Hassan are Turkish-Cypriot brothers who opened Kazan Victoria in 2002 and their location I ate in located at Houndsditch. I think these guys should get an award for their contributions to gorgeous tasting food. My meal was so good I really wanted to lick my plate clean. And the best part? I booked on-line and received 50% off my food bill! They don't always have these sorts pf promotions, but it pays to look at their own and other booking websites for good deals.

Kazan offers some recipes that are at least 500 years old, use spices imported from the Anatolian region of Turkey and cook it to absolute perfection. I had the Ottoman (mixed) Grill and each piece of meat was marinated in a different set of spices and my plate absolutely exploded with flavour. In a city full of good restaurants, Kazan is one of the best of the best. It’s also very loud inside. That’s because it is packed. If you book your table on-line (recommended) via their website or London Eating, you can get your food at half-price (sometimes)! This is an enjoyable restaurant. It has comfortable sofas with pillows, fantastic sinks in their bathrooms (pictured) and has some excellent decorations in their bar area. Altogether a really great dinning experience.

The only downside is that they do not make good Mojitos, but their drinks menu has a lot to offer and their wine list is pretty solid.

At these prices you cannot afford to miss Kazan.

Favorite Dish:

Here are the descriptions of my fantastic food taken right from their Menu:

OTTOMAN GRILL

Marinated til tender; a selection of chicken and lamb shish and kofte plus a lamb chop, poussin and garlic sausage. Served with rice or chunky fries and salad

TAVUK KOFTE

Chargrilled minced chicken with hot spices and cheese

Fresh marinated olives and warm bread were also brought to the table during my awesome meal. I chased all this down with a nice glass of Yakut Rouge, a delightful Turkish wine.
TravellinChic Travelli…
Best Lamb kebab! :) Mar 09, 2012
A friend lives close to one Kazan branch and although we didnt have reservation, we decided to give it a try and see if we'll get lucky. And yes, we are lucky as we were able to get a table for lunch!

The manager greeted us and took our coat and gave us a nice table. He called the server to get our order who is equally friendly and knowledgeable. I asked him to pick me a good wine and I liked it.

We started with a sultan starter platter which includes smoked salmon. For the main, we ordered lamb kebab with rice and boy! It was really good. It's tender and tasty. Love it!

Very nice decors. They told us that they have belly dancers in the evening so maybe next time, we go for supper :)

Highly recommended. Will definitely go back. :) Bill cost bit less than 50pounds for 2 people.

Check London Hotel Deals