Kay 'n Dave's Fresh Mex Cantina

10543 Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, USA

Kay 'n Dave's Fresh Mex Cantina Los Angeles Reviews

martinikitty13 martinik…
Affordable, Fresh, Healthy Mexican Food Jun 23, 2008
I've only been here a few times, but I really enjoy the cheery, bright, casual decor and service, and the food is reliably good and fresh. The focus here is on healthy and fresh food (which means no lard, no trans fats, fresh sauces, etc.). Admittedly lard could probably make the food even better - but even with the "healthy" twist, the food is surprisingly tasty and well-prepared. (Random note - My fondness could also be due to the fact that this place is owned by a former attorney who was disgruntled with the practice of law and left it all to open restaurants. Always nice to hear about people who manage to "escape" and succeed.)

Each meal begins with a nice hot pile of complimentary chips with yummy salsa and pickled veggies. Usually I stuff myself with these and can barely finish my meal, but I was very very hungry on this particular day so I managed to polish off my yummy chicken fajita plate.

I'm not saying this is necessarily the best mexican food place in LA - but it's a great local restaurant to enjoy good food without all the guilt. They also have fun looking weekday specials (like Taco Tuesdays, etc.) I'll have to try that out somtime. :)
Cihps, Salsa and Pickly Veggies.
The main dining room.