Kavana I Restoran

www.muzej.com.hr - 01/48626-408

Kavana I Restoran Zagreb Reviews

almond72 almond72
Pleasant Restaurant in the Museum of Arts & Crafts May 03, 2015
Menu choices were not too confusing (thank goodness!) and the head waiter handled it all. I just read the menu for fun later. Turned out he won the competition for servers in Zagreb before. (possibly a few times even)

I was rather worried about blowing a hole in my pocket but darn it, I am on a holiday and I was hungry ! Well, the food did not disappoint. I managed to stuff quite a few pieces of bread & olive oil down before the mushroom soup appeared. Very nice, not the canned cream of mushroom we often get. Tasty pieces in a thick broth. Try it if available.

Main course was grilled chicken, ok... many people tell me that's not the specialty in Croatia. But I eat chicken & fish and the occasional bit of pork, so that's perfect for me. Even if they served me the freaking dragon that I saw St George hacking outside the museum, I wouldn't be eating it.

Back to main course, oh... I finished it pretty quickly. It tasted good and I don't play with my food. (ok ok, by Croatian standards I might eat a little slow) Dessert was offered but I was stuffed.

Environment there is pleasant especially in spring. Cool & bright. I found that people actually talk rather softly, so I found the whole place nice and relaxing.

The Price for the meal came to HRK 110 for grilled chicken with potatoes & veg, mushroom soup, a coffee, mineral water & bread.

* highly recommended if you are around there.

Kudos to Ivan & his brother for having such a great place !
walterman9999 says: