Kaua'i Backcountry Adventures

Kauai, Hawaii

Kaua'i Backcountry Adventures Kauai Reviews

eva-lani eva-lani
Dec 20, 2007
The Backcountry Adventure company gives you two option of excitment. Either do a zipline tour or take a nice ride down old canals built to funnel water to what was the Lihue Plantation. Now it is still a working plantation and protected from any development. My momther and I chose to do the second. Our group was made of mostly older retired people but they were really lively. So we had about a 45min. ride up the mountain learning about the lands and the history of the plantation. We lucked out when we went because there was a movie being filmed to the right of our jeep ride. Every now and then a little explosion would go off and it made it more exciting. So we get up to the top and are told the saftey rules of our tube. Keep your hands and limbs inside the tube at all times and always listen to the guide. The tube ride consisted of a nice leiserly roll down the canals with about seven pit stops through these dark man made tunnels. The best was the last tunnel becase we had to turn off all the lights and be in complete darkness, it didn't feel like we were moving but eventually we made it out. It was actually rather spooky. They fed us a good sized lunch by the side of a small river and then had another jeep ride down the rest of the way.
j2006 says:
Sounds like you had fun. I'll be goin in August...any advice on places to stay?
Posted on: Jan 31, 2009
koloanhawaii says:
Wow, I was working there for that movie, "Tropic Thunder" from July 11th to August 2nd. I saw jeep going up and down several times a day.
Posted on: Jan 04, 2008
mrgishi says:
Thanks for the detailed review. Sounds like fun!
Posted on: Dec 28, 2007