Kasbah Le Touareg

Check Merzouga Hotel Deals

Kasbah Le Touareg Merzouga Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
It could have been a great place Apr 29, 2011
Kasbah Le Touareg is located in the outskirt of Merzouga and is a would-be Kasbah (fortified house). The hotel has been build with traditional materials in Berber architecture style. It´s a quiet place at the foot of the sand dunes. Location is good if you are going into the sand dunes, but a 30 minutes walk into town.

Inside it is a beautiful courtyard with roses, palm trees and a lovely pool.

Kasbah Le Touareg has simple en-suit rooms. My room was small, but had a good sized bathroom. The room had a comfortable double bed and AC. There was a wardrobe, but no cloths hangers. It would have been nice with a chair. Cleanliness was not their number one priority. The pillow case was stained and the towels ripped, had holes and were stained as well. The light over the wash basin did not work and there was hair in the drain in the shower.

My room was uncomfortably hot and the AC did not work, which I told the manager at 1:30 pm. He said that he would fix it right away. At 5 pm it was still not fixed. I asked him again, and again he said that he would fix it. He confirmed that it was fixed, so I went to my room to find that there was no electricity – so no AC. On the third attempt it was fixed.

The hotel doen´t have any alcohol , but doesn´t mind that you drink your own wine. If you like beer, you can tell them in advance and they will go to the village to buy it. We had dinner in the traditional style restaurant, which was okay. Service was extremely slow though. Paying the bill took forever. I had asked for the bill, but every time the waiter walked past our table he just stared at me. After 25 minutes I got up, then he came over and asked if I wanted to pay!!!!!!

Kasbah Le Touareg also have camping facilities next to the hotel. They have a campsite with tents out in the desert as well (Dh 250 including dinner). The hotel arranges 3 hour 4x4 excursions for Dh 200 and camel rids for Dh 150. Their website, www.kasbahletouareg.com is in English, French and Spanish.

The lack of service and cleanliness deserves a 2*, but the place is nice so it ends up with a 3*.
Kasbah Le Touareg
Reception
Lounge
Lounge
thierrynieus says:
My experience was even worse. During the night of the 30/12/2014 myself and five other people, traveling with same group, had our money stolen by people that knew how to move in the darkness of the night throughout our tents. Unfortunately the owner of the tent is not feeling responsible in any way for that, although it clearly emerged that his co-worker are presumably responsible for what happened! Quite a sad experience and certainly I would recommend anyone to avoid such unsafe places!
Posted on: Jan 04, 2015