Kirchstr. 6, Bitterfeld, Germany

Kartoffelhaus No.1 Bitterfeld Reviews

aloneinthecrowd aloneint…
Kartoffelhaus No. 1 Mar 24, 2012
This was the second time that we've visited the Kartoffelhaus No. 1 (Potato House No.1). As the name already said their main issue is the potato but they serve other dishes as well.

The restaurant is located in the center of Bitterfeld, Saxony-Anhalt. It's really a place to relax. The interior is rustic and snuggish. The furniture seems a bit mixed but it fits together. Various decoration around the place makes it perfect. There are small alcoves or wide rooms to sit. Just as you like it. The menu is printed on the place mat which makes additional orders easy.

The dishes are freshly cooked and very yummy.

As a starter we had potato soup. Klaus the "Berlin" version with beef and I had the one with shrimps. Both were very good.

The main course was a "Plate of the house" for Klaus and "Lamb with Feta cheese + baked potato" for me. Both dishes were just perfect.

We haven't had any desert because we both were full :) There wasn't even space for a tiny scoop of ice cream ;)

If you'll visit Bitterfeld, the Kartoffelhaus is a must-go :D

Some of the photos are a bit blurry because I took them with my mobile. Sorry for that.
Kartoffelhaus No.1
Klaus exciting about the dinner ;)
Menu printed on the place mat
aloneinthecrowd says: