Kartchner Caverns State Park

P.O. Box 1849, Benson, AZ, USA

Kartchner Caverns State Park Benson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Unique Living Formations May 04, 2013
This is one of the parks Arizona boasts of. Located in Benson, it is a system of wet caves. It was discovered by two young explorers in 1974 and remained private up until 1988 when the state of Arizona purchased it, turning it into a state park. Opened April through October, it offers visitors an adventure and a feast to the eyes. Because photographs are prohibited, you will not find many photos of the inside of the cave. This makes it more marketable to adventure seekers. You must book your tour in advance otherwise showing up unappointed will lead to disappointment.

I have toured Carlsbad Caverns, but I can not compare what I saw in Kartchner caverns with it. The trails were slippery due to the wetness of the cave, be sure to wear comfortable shoes with enough friction on the sole.

It is quite a tour, we were only able to sit in the big room for a brief moment.

The beautifully formed and unspoiled stalagmites and stalactites are exciting to see. I loved the soda straws, they were nothing like anything I had ever seen. The formations grow from all sides; top bottom and even sideways.

PS: Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today!
amos68 amos68
Visit Live Cave Jul 21, 2011
Kartchner Caverns are a live wet cave system. This is a very well preserved cave. I was only able to visit one section because bats were having their babies the other section. It is a very beautiful cave!

Related Travel Blogs About Kartchner Caverns State Park

The home of Karchtner Cavern State Park
The Saturday following thanksgiving day, my Canadian Travbuddy friend Mike decided he wanted to go touring Tombstone instead of Mount Lemon which in comparison was incredibly cold. Mike is one of tho…Benson is the home of Kartchner Cavern State Park: The City of Benson is located at the intersection of Interstate…
Whoa big jerk!!!!!!!
ALMOST TO TOMBSTONE…….We all stopped at a passing zone to wait for the others to catch up. We were waiting for rest of the convoy with Jim, Dan, Adrian, Liz, Megan, and Dante.  While we were…Benson, you'll pass the newest Arizona State Park, Kartchner Caverns.  Visit the for information on reservations.   Bisbee…

Check Benson Hotel Deals