Karma Indian Cuisine & Bar

(661) 288-0080

Karma Indian Cuisine & Bar Santa Clarita Reviews

Cho Cho
Indian restaurant with a philosophical name Oct 12, 2015
During my visit to my daughter and family in California it seems that we were eating out almost everyday. This time my review is about yet another restaurant where we had lunch. I've been to this place some years ago so this was my second time there.

Indian food is getting quite popular in the United States. You will find Indian restaurants in every major sized city here. Of course, it's always been popular in the United Kingdom. In the past when I was traveling to England regularly I would always find them everywhere in the country, but I think Indian food has only caught on in America over the past few years.

My daughter had called the restaurant earlier whether goat curry was available in the lunch special. When told in the affirmative, she was quite happy!

It wasn't even lunch time when we arrived at the Karma restaurant and there was only one customer in the the outdoor area, a Sikh man who apparently had just finished his meal. I knew he was Sikh because he had his turban on. Inside, there was also just this one fellow, another Indian looking man.

We told the receptionist that we wanted the lunch special. We helped ourselves at the buffet table where there were about 10 trays with various Indian specialties. Not surprisingly, my daughter Pwint concentrated on the goat curry which I passed, choosing instead the chicken masala curry, potatoes and mixed salad plus plain rice. Garlic 'naan' (oven-baked flatbread) was included in the lunch special, and this, along with the tandoori chicken were the best items in the menu for me.

The 'naan' was so good that we asked for more and the receptionist/waiter cheerfully brought us another basket of freshly baked ones. While we were eating the same man came over to fill our water glasses. When I told him that I had been to India, he looked impressed. I also said that I enjoyed all the meals I had while touring the southern part of his country. He did mention that the food at this restaurant was northern Indian cuisine.

We also noticed that halfway through our meal, the place filled up with a lot more people. I suppose most of them came for the lunch special which was only $9.95 all you can eat deal.

For dessert, I had rice pudding (delicious!), Indian sweets and cantaloupe. In addition to the set meal, there is also an a-la-carte menu. The lunch special is only available from Monday to Friday. Oh, there is a full bar too, but I didn't order any drinks from there as we went there to eat, and not to drink, LOL!

As most of you may know, KARMA in Buddhism actually means a person being rewarded or punished later in life based on his/her past actions or deeds. I have come to believe in this moral philosophy, and I hope that in spite of my many mistakes and failures, I will be judged in a positive light if or when I enter the next life.
View of restaurant from street
Placard showing special menu outsi…
Seating inside restaurant
Trays containing lunch special food
Cho says:
Thank you, Ils. Yes, I started believing in Karma some years ago although it is not easy to explain to others who do not believe in it.
Cho says:
Bill, yes it certainly is a good price, especially for big eaters!
Ils1976 says:
I believe in Karma as well, do good for others and they will do go for you ... you can't go wrong there I always say! :D
Nice review Cho, loved reading it!

Check Santa Clarita Hotel Deals