Karlo's Restaurante

Karlo's Restaurante - The inside

Karlo's Restaurante Guadalajara Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Nice Guadalajaran speciality Jan 23, 2011
Guadalajara is famous for their "wet" versions of everything. Tortas ahogadas, tacos ahogados, quesadillas ahogadas and lonches ahogados. "Ahogado" means literally "drowned" which means that all of these mexican fast food delicacies are served dipped in some kind of sauce that can be hot or not.

Karlo's restaurant is specialized in one of these kind of meals: "lonches ahogados". This is a kind of sandwich (beef, chicken, cheese, etc.) that is dipped into a sauce. It is served with a spoon if you want to try more of the soupy dip. The taste is really good, but eating them might be a little messy. You hands will get messy if you know what I mean. There's no way to eat this with cutlery, and you get none, actually. Lol.

I have a problem with the portion sizes. I know the restaurant is really cheap, but they could do a little better on the sandwich size. You need at least two to get really full.

I would recommend this place if you want to try some of the Guadalajaran fast food specialities in a nice location. I go there because it's two blocks away from my house, lol.
My "lonche ahogado"... messy but d…
The place
montecarlostar says:
Yeah, you need to try the tortas ahogadas, or lonches ahogados or anything that is "dipped" here in Guadalajara. They love soupy stuff, but it's good! I hope you have the chance to visit us sometime!
Posted on: Jan 23, 2011
Rick64 says:
Well, it looks great and I may have to visit just to eat all the wonderful food!
Posted on: Jan 23, 2011