Karim's

Jama Masjid, New Delhi, India

Karim's New Delhi Reviews

MariaVokas MariaVok…
Lamb Korma! Feb 26, 2015
Karim's has hands down the best Mutton Kormas in the world! Everytime I travel to Delhi I have to eat dinner there. Other dishes are good but the korma with naan is my favorite. It is a little greasy but I don't care. getting to the original karims in old delhi can be challenging and one might be afraid of the neighborhood but it's definetly worth it. They do get really busy and I'm not sure if they take reservations. It's a hit or miss when you arrive. You might have to wait for tables to free up. I wish I could find something in Ontario this good.
MaryKathleen MaryKath…
Hidden muglai wonder Mar 06, 2015
Forget 5 star hotels for great food. Karim's is located in what I think is hard to get to. Muslim colony and not the cleanest at all. walking through the crowded Masjid area you see a small sign "KARIM's" nothing fancy or people trying to pull you in. You walk in to what seems like a really busy muglai house. They own the entire place and was completely packed. Lucky for us being foreigners we got seats pretty quick. The food was unreal. Started with the kebabs but the highlight was the Mutton Korma! The curry was so rich and every bite was orgasmic. highly recommended
swan_summer swan_sum…
Fingerlicking Mughlai food at resonable rates Apr 13, 2011
Karim's as everyone in Delhi go there once in Lifetime, is truly delicious food and a paradise for Non-vegetarian food lovers. The presentment of the food and ambiance is bit compromised but that's alright when you get the good food in your stomach. That just relishes and relaxes the taste buds. I went there with many foreign friends and many times. Getting a place to sit is really difficult if you go after 8 PM. I always try to grab the place going at 7 PM.
Amandac08 Amandac08
Good food but got sick after eating here Jan 22, 2011
I ate lunch here with 2 friends both of whom are from India. Karim's is famous for Mughal cuisine. It even boosts great reviews from the NY Times. Its Kind of hard to find but any local can point you in the right direction its Located back a sort of Dingy Alley way near the Jama Masjid Mosque.

We had amazing Chicken Kebabs and a lamb dish I that I have forgotten the name of. All of the food tasted great. The atmosphere is kind of bustling but looked clean enough.

However we all got sick after eating here. I normally would have chalked it up to me being American and not use to some of those foods but the 2 girls I was with are both natives of India. We all ended up with a case of Dehli Belly. It cleared up soon enough on its own or so I had thought but I ended up with stomach cramps for about a week after eating here. I was unable to eat much after without severe stomach cramps. If I had know it was a case of Delly Belly (I had none of the usual symptoms apart from cramps) I'd have taken the antibiotics my Dr. Sent with me. With the 3 day antibiotic course I was feeling almost normal by day 2 of treatment.

I can't say I would be much inclined to return though I loved the food. I also couldn't discourage anyone from going as getting Delhi Belly is quite common and a risk you take eating most anywhere.
Amandac08 says:
I have a pretty tough tummy as well (Mexican cart food). Its just Well it is def. the best place in the area and as the other reviewer pointed out you will prob have to share a table if you do during the day after the mosque empties. I highly recommended the Kebabs though! Jama masjid was not quite what I expected but if you're in the area you might as well see it.
gwen-chia says:
Thanks for writing about Karim's. I've got a cast-iron stomach that's been trained with Malaysian street food, so let's hope I don't have too much trouble there. So much has been said about Karim's that I have to see for myself, what all the fuss is about.
ScottinKabul ScottinK…
Hard to find but worth it. Jul 11, 2010
Go to Karim's. The street across from gate one of the Friday Mosque and down the alley on your left. Look for the small sign pointing the way and keep going back and you see it. The food is great its really the best place in the area. Staff is helpful and friendly. It is a hard to get a seat if your there during meal times and if your a small party (1-3) they will sit you at a table with some one. I kind of like this, it gives you the opportunity to meet people. Mixed grill is great as well as the Chicken Tika. The price is on the low end of average.
gwen-chia says:
Thanks Scott. Lots of reviews about Karim's. I'm definitely visiting Jama Masjid ... so I'm definitely eating at Karim's. Just to get my photo taken there (at least) - I've read more reviews of Karim's than Jama Masjid LOL.
OmarAsali OmarAsali
Authentic Mughlai food Apr 16, 2010
Karim’s restaurant offers authentic and very delicious Mughlai food. The prices are affordable, too. It might not look that clean to you (because it is a bit old), but believe me, it is as clean as it gets for a restaurant like that in India.

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals