Kargeen Caffe'

Muscat, Oman

Kargeen Caffe' Muscat Reviews

ffransiska ffransis…
Nice cafe in Muscat Jan 01, 2009
My friend took me and some colleagues for dinner in this cafe. After the entrance, we saw there are several people waiting to be seated (so I guess reservataion is a must-do to have dinner in this restaurant).

After waiting for sometime, the waiter showed us the place to sit.

We had an outdoor seat (who want to sit inside in this cool weather anyway). Kargeen Cafe has a very nice set-up. It's like a big park, where they divide into several closed place with proper table and seats under the bushes/trees and they decorate it with a nice lightning and lamps.

There were 9 of us + 1 baby (who never sat still:p). We ordered a young coconut fruit, served with the whole kernels. I guess it's not a common practice to eat the flesh as well, since when I asked for a spoon, the waiter looked a bit confused.

We ordered several dishes for starters and then for main course I have ordered some fish called: samak al tahina (fish with sesame sauce - kind of dish).

The food, although not really authentic Omani food, but the place is very nice and it was just the perfect time of the year to sit outside.

Despite high currency value of Omani riyal, the food cost is relatively cheap compare to the food in UAE. For all of us (and the portion is huge), we spent ~90 OMR (which is around 300 USD)
Me and Melissa
Dwi, Yanti and Sophie (who's tryin…
Yummy bread (and I couldn't stop m…
tamerinho tamerinho
Cool relaxed place Aug 20, 2008
Among the coolest and trendiest hangouts in Muscat.

It is an open air restaurant/Caffe', with a couple of medium sized indoors halls.

They have a very rich menu fll of varieties, from Kebabs, to Rice, to Pizza to extravganza Salads and juices.

The service is unique, and the waiter/waitresses are dressed in an old Arabic/Ottoman Turkish traditonal way.

Portions are quite big, and out door setting is really cool.

In addition to normal tables, they have what they call "Arabic sitting" which some sort of wooden benches covered with carpets.

They also offer excellent varities of Tea in addition to Shisha (water pipe for those who are interested)

Try the Yemeni Tea (tea with cloves), very tasty.

Enjoy.