Kara's Cupcakes

900 North Point, San Francisco, CA, USA
www.karascupcakes.com - 415.351.CAKE (2253)

Kara's Cupcakes San Francisco Reviews

JillianJ JillianJ
Definitely a SWEET Escape May 24, 2008
One evening, my friend and I were craving something sweet. I recalled her talking about a specific cupcake bakery located in Ghiradelli Square so I brought it up. Didn't take much convincing to get her to come with me to the Square. She had told me that the cupcakes were a bit pricey ($3 each) but definitely worth it.

We got to Kara's Cupcakes and, of course, it was packed. She had warned me about this but I didn't care. I wanted to taste the delectable goodies! It was finally our turn to order and there were so many delicious cupcakes looking back at me. My friend was ordering four (save some for later!) so I did as well. I got one Chocolate Velvet cupcake (chocolate cupcake with a velvety bittersweet chocolate buttercream), one Sweet Vanilla cupcake (vanilla cupcake with sweet madagascar bourbon vanilla frosting), one Kara's Karrot cupcake (moist carrot cupcake with a silky soft cream cheese frosting), and one Java cupcake (chocolat cupcake with a rich espresso buttercream).

The cupcakes really tasted like pure heaven. SOOOO GOOD! Didn't have my camera with me at the time but I will be posting up pictures when I go back again.

I totally recommend this place if you have a huge sweet tooth like me :)
Jeredk says:
Ok, I just moved to San Francisco and I remembered reading this review from 3 years ago. Now I need to go check it out. I think I even saw a truck selling these by my office =) sounds like it could be trouble.
Posted on: Nov 24, 2011
travelfan1963 says:
I was just in San Francisco and stopped here for a cupcake. Really, really good :)
Posted on: May 19, 2009
poohstanggt says:
What's hilarious is reading this again now that I know you and have eaten desserts with you....no way did you get them and save them for later! HA HA HA HA
Posted on: May 26, 2008
poohstanggt poohstan…
Sinful Delight! May 24, 2008
OMG..After reading Jillian's review of this place, I've been dying to get there and try these amazing sounding cupcakes. I've been to the Cupcakery in Las Vegas and while they were excellent, theirs are almost too big and way too rich for me....I cannot even eat a whole one.

Upon entering Kara's, I immediately spotted the Banana Caramel which was had caramel filling. There was also a Raspberry Dazzle that looked yummy as well. I decided to try the Banana Caramel first($3.25) which was YUMMY!!

You may notice that I said I tried the Banana Caramel FIRST. That's because Jillian talked us into going back a second time later that evening in hopes of getting her Chocolate Velvet cupcake which was out when we were there earlier in the day. The second time around, that Raspberry Dazzlev $3.00) was calling my name.

Jillian had warned us of long lines but we lucked out both times and there were only a couple people ahead us. Apparently weekends normally bring quite a wait but the cupcake gods were on our side!

I was reading about Kara's and all their cupcakes are made from scratch at their bakery on Scott Street in SF. One interesting note is almost all their ingredients are organic and local. They are known for supporting local artisan producers and community supported agriculture. Both their website and store list local producers where the ingredients are purchased from which is pretty cool.

I am sure I will be back at Kara's Cupcakes soon. Thanks Jillian for introducing TB to these sinful delights although my diet doesn't thank you very much!! HA HA
PhinsAndGills says:
YUM!
Posted on: Jun 09, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Kara's Cupcakes

My California Adventure
On June 19, 2009 i departed Florida to head out to my california vacation. I arrived at Oakland Airport greeted by family and the adventure begins. I stayed in Milpitas, California (Northern Are…Kara's Cupcakes, the best cupcakes i've had. Day 6: San Francisco here i come... Started the morning with…

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals