Kapuluan Vista Resort

Ilocos Norte, Philippines

Kapuluan Vista Resort Ilocos Norte Reviews

marsoncruz marsoncr…
Kapuluan Vista- Best Resort Along Blue Lagoon in Pagudpud! Mar 06, 2012
We went for an out of town trip in Pagudpud last March 2-4, 2012 and we planned to stay in Kapuluan Vista. The resort is nice. The design is relaxing compared to other resorts along that area. I will definitely recommend this for those who are planning to stay in Pagudpud. Also please try to visit Mekeni's Palutuan. The food is good and the price is affordable. Nanay Yolly is very generous. You will definitely like her like we do. If you are planning to explore PAgudpud from North to South, you can have an arrangement with Kuya Abel Uddipa. He will bring you to famous and beautiful places along and outside Pagudpud(i.e. Bangui Windmills, Kabiga Falls, Patapat Viaduct etc..) with his tricycle. You can contact him at 09282067335. Kuya Abel is a very nice person. The 12 hrs travel from Manila to PAgudpud is worth it because of the great experiences we had in Pagudpud. This is the best vacation we had. --- Marson and Arvin
jaeWALK jaeWALK
Kapuluan Vista Resort Apr 26, 2007
I've been deceived by beautiful pictures online in the past yet something compelled me to book a room at Kapuluan Vista Resort, 15+ Km away from the main beach of Saud where most activities are. So, just based on pictures in the internet, I booked a room and just hoped i wouldn't regret my decision when I get there.

I was anxious to get to the resort. From Laoag, we took a non-airconditioned bus headed for Cagayan, as instructed by locals, we should tell the bus driver to drop us off at Gaoa. After the road turnoff I got a bit worried since it seemed like we were in the middle of nowhere. But all changed once we arrived at the resort's gate. This time I knew I haven't been deceived by those beautiful pictures online.

Kapuluan Resort is a treasure in the middle of nowhere. Believe Me. Although the resort is small and simple (only 10 rooms and a couple of dorm-like accomodations), it is one of the best accomodations i have had in memory. It was even luxurious now that I think about it.

The resort has a cozy bar and restaurant, a common area where you can watch TV and DVDs, a pool, a massage area, and to top it all off - really pleasant staff!

Upon getting into our room (we got the standard for P1600/US$36 a night), we were greeted with a basket of flowers on the bed and when I saw our bathroom, I went WOW, we even have our small garden by the shower area. We thought of checking out the next day because of it's location, but decided not to since it would be a waste to miss out on what the resort has to offer. I had the most relaxing time here.

To solve our problem with transportation, we hired a tricycle for two days (P600/ US$14) to take us around. Although it wasn't a problem for us, cellphone signal is quite erratic in this area. Sometimes you get a signal, sometimes the nearby cell site goes out. But that would be perfect if you just want to get away from the world for awhile.

The food is quite pricey, but understandable since it is the only establishment there. If you are the type who crave for food a lot and is on a budget, it pays to bring your own food before settling in.

Another thing that i love about his resort are the owners, Mike and Alma who are so warm and friendly. They do all they can to make guests feel at home. They are surfers (they offer surfing lessons), which explains the location of the resort. Although there are quite a number of activities you can do here (more about that one in a separate entry), Kapuluan is primarily on a surfing beach. That's the reason why we still have to go to Saud Beach for the swim.

The resort was simply an amazing discovery. It may be far away from civilization, but the experience it delivers more than makes up for it. If you are in search of adventure, this one's for you.

TO GET THERE:

By bus: (P80/ US$2) Tell the conductor that you will disembark at Gaoa, pronounced Ga-wah. It's a spot where the road forks and where some convenient stores are located... don't worry it's usually where they drop off people who say the magic words "Brgy Balaoi". From there get a tricycle to the resort.

By Driving: Turnoff on the said spot and drive all the way down 5-10 mins. The road turns into a dusty stretch and there's a small settlement you'll past on the way. If in doubt, have a tricycle lead the way.

By Minivan: Laoag Airport to Kapuluan costs P3000/US$68 each way per minivan.
Bar