Kanawa Island Resort

+62 385 41252

Kanawa Island Resort Reviews

halilee halilee
Excellent island resort Apr 29, 2014
We spent 4 nights in bungalow 6 ( back row, ask for one in the front for views of the water) at the kanawa island resort and had a wonderful stay. You arrive by boat which is free departing at noon and return the same way with a boat at 8am.

Our bungalow is a decent size with a queen bed, outdoor bathroom and shower, and a balcony with a lounge bed and hammock for 400,000 idr / night. The shower water is not heated but it's not cold either. There is an allocation of 50,000L per person per day of fresh water.

This is the only resort on the island. There is a PADI dive center here, as well as a place for massage if you want. I did not use the dive centre but my friend did and he said they were professional and the dive masters were great, however some equipment could use replacing ( he had a mouthpiece that wasn't great but when asked to exchange it, they did).

There is a dining area as well as an outdoor area on the beach. Specials were at lunch and supper and food was generally pretty tasty and good. Some of the staff are just learning English but there is always someone around who speaks well.

Tours are bookable right on the resort the night before and are very reasonably prices, dependent on number of people going. I went on the Komodo island tour and rinca island tour, both times with 7 people so we only had to pay 300,000 idr each. Do note that at each park you have to pay ranger fees. Then once every 3 days you enter parks there is the tax, park fee, snorkel fee and camera fee.

The staff were friendly and if you are required to move from one bungalow to another as some of my friends did, they will do so for you.

Snorkelling is amazing even right off the beach of kanawa with lots of soft and hard coral, tons of variety of fish, including lion fish , reef sharks, and some people even saw stingrays. I saw what I think was a really big squid about 2 feet long that changed colors from brown to white to yellow with variations thereof as well as changing spots and stripes.

There is a volleyball net but I'm uncertain as whether it's only for the locals to use as we only saw them play the entire time we were there and there was no offer to join them when our friend stood by the net.

Alcohol is available, and there is a small bar on the beach. Power on the island is only available from 6pm-11pm.

I would highly recommend this resort and would definitely go back again if I was in the area!
sunset
Pier
Our room
outdoor bathroom
halilee says:
Thank you Cicie!! I would be too if I were you!! :)
cicie says:
Congrats Hali..i am so proud my land.
raghunathsingh503 says: