Kalarestoran

Kalarestoran - The restarant seen from the road

Kalarestoran Pangodi Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Kalarestoran (Fish restaurant) Jun 30, 2008
In between the cities of Tartu and Otepää you can find this delightful and modern seafood restaurant. The restaurant is situated on a hill over-viewing one of many wonderful Estonian lakes which you will find spread all over this area of the country.

The restaurant is located 23km from Tartu and is a restaurant that many local visits when they want to be good to themselves. All the menu items, with the exception of desserts of course, consist of fish or seafood dishes.

I had a starter of smoked eel something that as a Dane enjoy a lot. The eel was perfect and the dish looked really nice. My girlfriend chose an eel salad which also was really tasty. For the main dish I had a grilled salmon and my girlfriend had a grilled trout; they were both very nice and we were very satisfies and full when we finished. To the diner I enjoy a local brew; a Saku Kuld (Gold) which I likes as well.

The service was friendly and sweet even though they were very busy with both indoor and outdoor service. It was definitely a place I will return to.
Inside the restaurant
Outside the restaurant
Inside the restaurant
The restarant seen from the road
Chokk says:
Only on rainy days :) They have a big outdoor service as well. It was a nice place and I will surely be back.
Posted on: Jul 09, 2008
Sweetski says:
Does one need to make a reservation to be sure of a table? I love fish and shellfish, so next time in Estonia I might drop by this place.
Posted on: Jul 09, 2008