Kalamaki, Greece

Kalamaki Beach Reviews

Suusj Suusj
Kalamaki Beach Jun 19, 2013
Kalamaki Beach is located on the south of Zakynthos, between Argassi and Laganas, close to the airport. Kalamaki is not to big or to crowded in my opinion. Of course you don’t lay there all by yourself but there is enough room and I never got the feeling it was crowded.

We rented a bed for the day. We paid €7.50 for two beds and an umbrella for the whole day. I think that is quite cheap. It is also possible to lay on a beach towel and bring your own umbrella.

It is also possible to rent a paddle boat, or a canoe. We paid €10.- for one hour on the peddle boot.

Close to the beach, less than a 5 minute walk, there are some shops where you can buy sunscreen, towels, souvenirs and some food and drinks. There is also a hotel, called Crystal Beach hotel, where you can eat lunch or dinner.

Kalamaki beach is known for his sea turtles. The carreta carreta sea turtle’s lay their eggs on the beaches on the south coast of Zakynthos. The only beach where they lay their eggs. There are 800 sea turtle’s left so the people of Zakynthos take good care of the turtle’s. Kalamaki beach is accessible by a road but you can also walk from Laganas beach to Kalamaki Beach. Parking can be done next to the Crystal Beach hotel.

The water is very shallow and you can see the bottom of the sea for a very long time, meters in to the see the water is still very clear. I snorkeled a bit but there is not a whole lot of corrals, actually there is no corral at all. We came across some British people, they saw one fish the whole time they snorkeled. So there is not a whole lot underwater activity except for the turtle’s.

I think Kalamaki Beach is worth visiting. We went there twice and both days we had a blast. I would recommend water shoes because there are some rocks when you enter the sea.
Parking at Kalamaki Beach