Kakum Park - Canopy Walk

Kakum National Park, Ghana

Kakum Park - Canopy Walk Kakum National Park Reviews

Globevoyager Globevoy…
Canopy walk in the jungle Apr 03, 2008
The jungle is always recommended to go to, because there is so much variety of wildlife and green. You need days of exploring it all and probably then there is still much unseen.

In Kakum National Park, in the south of Ghana, are many things to do. One is the Canopy Walk. You need to arrange a guide at the headquarter of the park. He will take you in the jungle and tell you about a lot of things. Mostly about trees and bushes, because there isn't much more to see. Wildlife is hiding more inside the jungle, were not many people show up.

I did the Canopy Walk. There are seven bridges in the tree tops with a distance of 350m. Sometimes you're walking 40m or 50m above the ground. And the only thing you will see is trees and bushes. But it's a fun activity to do. A different way of exploring the rain forest.

The bridges are made out of ropes and wood. It's really solid but it rocks. Cool. I think they build it with help of Canadaians, but I can be wrong.

There are many more things to see and do in Kakum Park. But I didn't had more time. Otherwise you can do a camping tour and try to find the forest elephants or other wildlife. You definitely need a guide.

I traveled from Cape Coastby taxi and the driver waited for us. We made a deal with him and paid him after dropping us back at the hotel. If you travel with some friends it's the most convenient way of traveling. Otherwise there are a few trotro's (little busses) that can drop you off at the entrance of Kakum Park and pick you up later.
Canopy walk
Our guide, really nice guy!
That's me

Related Travel Blogs About Kakum Park - Canopy Walk

Cape Coast and Elmina
So this weekend NYU took us to the Coconut Grove Beach Resort in Elmina, about a three hour drive from Accra. We left at 6:30 Saturday morning. Yeah, that's early. The resort is gorgeous. The beach i…Kakum National Park and did the canopy walk. It's in a rainforest and August is the end of the rainy…

Compare Cape Coast Hotel Rates (9km away)

Kakum National Park Map