Kakanfo Inn And Conference Centre

1 Nihinlola St. off Joyce B Road, Ibadan, Nigeria

Kakanfo Inn And Conference Centre Ibadan Reviews

marix_sublime marix_su…
Kakanfo Inn and Conference Center Feb 13, 2012
I was asked to travel to Osun state which is 4 to 5 hours away from Lagos. It is work related. On the way home, since it was getting late, I was told to stay at Ibadan, Oyo state for the night. A colleague led me to a hotel since I am not familiar with the area.

He took me to Kakanfo Inn and Conference Centre. It was in a cul de sac type of road and there are two big buildings facing each other. I can see from the outside that there were a lot of people milling in the lobby.

During my check in, the concierge people were asking for my passport. I told them that it wasn’t with me currently. It was in the office as my visa was being renewed. At first, they didn’t want to accept other ID’s like my company ID but they eventually relented.

The room was clean, and look new but the bathroom looks a little old. Maybe it’s the paint? I don’t know. The sink was a little bit clogged I think because it took longer than usual for the water to subside. To their credit, reception called me once I was inside to ask if I am comfortable with my room or do I wish to change to another one. However, I kept asking for assistance on how to connect on their wifi but after two tries and failing to connect me, they basically ignored me, and I got tired calling them, so I used my own data connection.

The bed was big and comfortable, and they give 5 pillows. They have a TV mounted on the wall which was perpetually glued to CNN.

They have a complimentary small bottle of mineral water.

For dinner, I opted to just stay in the room and ordered. The food came after 30 mins.

The next day, I was already at the front desk around 6.30am, but nobody was there yet. I waited awhile till nearly to 7am. That is when the counter formally opened. Check out is fast and efficient. They also gave me my complimentary newspaper. The front desk officer was also asking for direct feedback if I had enjoyed my stay? When can they expect me again? Is there anything that can help improve their services? Things like that.

While waiting for the counter to open, I walked around the small corridor, and I smelled coffee, hahahah! The aroma was tantalizing enough to convince me to have a cup, and to my delight they were serving akara (fried grinded beans), a Nigerian street food which happens to be a favorite. And so the coffee turned into breakfast but no regrets as the food was good. The breakfast buffet was both Nigerian and continental, so you’ll get the best of both worlds. There weren’t too many people yet, and the waiter was very attentive. When I asked for my bill, it was given immediately.
facade of Kakanfo Inn