Kakadu Restaurant

8 Middle Jianguo Road, Shanghai, China

Kakadu Restaurant Shanghai Reviews

Ken077 Ken077
Kakadu - Delicious Aussie tucker and water hole in Shanghai, China Apr 09, 2011
While searching for something familiar to eat, after one of those exhausting days following a shopping partners crusade to own half of China, I happened upon "Kakadu." At first I thought I was seeing a twist of Chinese humour by the typical Aussie Aboriginal name used here in China.

Upon entry, I was relieved to confirm it was actually Aussie tucker (food). The decor reflected water, sand and rainforrest in its colours and design. A huge glass fish tank displaying dozens of colourfull tropical fish enthralls viewers and is an awesome backdrop to the bar. Worthy of a visit in itself.

Each item on the menu is in its self a delicious adventure and very reasonably priced. About half the cost of the same thing in Australia.

The restaurant serves Barramundy fish, emu, lamb shanks, kangaroo, crocodile and even crayfish as mains for formal dining or as huge burgers. A mix of aboriginal seasoning ingredients and indigenous fruits and spices are used to enliven the eating experience.

Surprisingly the staff had good english skills and pretty smiles to boot. Before we left, the place was full and people were waiting to get in.

We managed to drink a few cold Aussie beers and noticed a huge wine selection from Oz too. My partner loved the cocktails. We have vowed to return...maybe not the full menu every time but the appetisers are delicious and large enough to be a meal.

In my experience - impressive!

Check Shanghai Hotel Deals