Kaivalyam Retreat

Kaivalyam Retreat Rates and Deals

Kaivalyam Retreat Munnar Reviews

halilee halilee
Amazing guesthouse, amazing views, amazing staff! Nov 04, 2012
We stayed here for 4 nights and upon arrival we were greeted with a hot spice drink and refreshing cloths which we greatly appreciated. The grounds are gorgeous.. the gardener deserves a huge pat on the back. There are flowers everywhere, meticulously cared for. There is a lovely outdoor seating area outside the main room/restaurant area as well as a yoga area. The main guesthouse block has 8 rooms, 4 upstairs and 4 downstairs. Going by recommendations here, we requested the upstairs corner room ( got the corner closest to the road, farthest from the main room). Let me just say that the downstairs rooms will have better views in that they are unobstructed by the large solid balcony fence. If you are wanting to sit outside on your deck/balcony and enjoy the view, you won't be able to do that on the upstairs rooms, so pick a downstairs room! The views are fantastic, overlooking tea plantations on the opposing mountain, trees, etc. Our room was fantastic regardless, nice and spacious and spotlessly clean with a decent bathroom and lots of hot water. Filtered water was provided in the room. Wifi is available, but not in the rooms, only in the main room/restaurant area. We did have a noise issue however. Being that we were the corner closest to the road, it seemed every morning, very early ( starting usually around 7am) staff and visitors seemed to congregate right outside our room and start talking quite loudly for at least 2 hours. Sometimes it was staff yelling from outside our room to someone else across the property. If you are wanting to relax and have some peace and quiet or just sleep in in the morning, this was made impossible and this was the only place in India where I actually needed to bring out the ear plugs. At one point in time I said semi-loudly that I wished people would talk away from the rooms upon which I am quite certain they heard me as they very suddenly quieted down very noticeably. The owner would do well to have visitors and staff not congregate or talk by the rooms in the early morning!

Speaking of the staff and owners however, they were absolutely fantastic.. beyond fantastic really. They will do whatever they can for you to make your stay enjoyable. They were very pleasant and helpful.

Meals were included and were very very good with a great variety and HUGE servings. You do have to put in your order for supper before 6PM and you could have supper anytime by or after 7:30PM. They made the best Gulab Jamun I had in India! I think the 3 lbs I gained in India I gained in our 3days/4 nights here alone! You can also buy bottled pop/drinks and junk food snacks.

The property also offered several excursions , including a walk to the waterfall through tea plantations, a spice garden walk, yoga in the mornings, and other hikes were also available. They also provided transportation to munnar if you were interested in seeing one of the evening entertainment shows there. They can set up pick up and drop off to Cochin airport or anywhere else for that matter as well as day sightseeing trips in the area.

Laundry services are available and are very reasonably priced. I do think they may have forgotten about my laundry though as I dropped it off the one morning and didn't recieve it till late evening the next night ( should have been done before noon the next day) and it wasn't totally dry. There was some damage to one of my articles of clothing which was white as something yellow ( not mine) had ran and left my clothing stained which they apologized for.

We had a very relaxing, thoroughly enjoyable time here and would highly recommend it. Do ask for a lower room though, and preferably one closer to the main room so you don't get all the noise from people by the road. I really loved our stay here and would definately return if opportunity arose, I wish we actually had more time here than we did!
the gardener here deserved an awar…
more flowers
cicie says:
Nice pictures:)
Posted on: Nov 19, 2012

Kaivalyam Retreat Overview

The Kaivalyam Retreat is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to Munnar. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. Each guestroom is tastefully appointed with kitchenette, desk, coffee/tea maker, air conditioning. This Munnar accommodation features on-site facilities such as room service, coffee shop, concierge, 24hr room service. For a more enjoyable stay, guests can take advantage of a variety of recreational facilities, including garden. Along with its convenient location in Munnar, the hotel also offers a wide range of services and facilities to the guests. This hotel is characterized by a combination of modern comfort and traditional element of Munnar, making it a distinct accommodation. For your reservation at the Kaivalyam Retreat Munnar, please enter your preferred visit dates and follow our secure online booking form.

Kaivalyam Retreat Amenities